Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Program

Posted by Urlee (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 05 at 7:54

Who wants to be the guinea pig?

This is supposed to be a unique program for the "brainy"? (I don't know).
Looks like a fun program if one can figure it out?
I gather it's an animation program for you to do creations?
Soooooo much to read, oooof.
I can't remember where I was to descibe it's functions so you will have to hunt.
I just grabbed this page to give you a place to start at.

Who is bored and would like the challenge?
Maybe we could have fun with it?
I just glanced at it and it looks interesting enough to download?

BLENDER

The download

~Urlee~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Program????????

Ooooooops.
I just read where you have to have an OpenGL compatible graphics card, whatever that is?
And how do we know if we have?

~Urlee~

o
RE: New Program-------------

A discription of what I received to give you an idea or scare you away------

Blender is an animation program that is out of this world. It really is full functioning professional CGI program. As far as digital animation and 3D rendering goes, you're coveredwith this program you are only restricted by your imagination.

There are numerous examples on Blender's site of still images, 3D models, and fully animated movies that really showcase some of what Blender can do. If you were to go and buy a comparable program be prepared to dish out the cabbage.

If you're interested in CGI, I couldn't think of any better way to get started. The program is complicated, but that's the nature of 3D animation, and since it's from the Open Source Community you know that you'll find tons of help out there. As a matter of fact you will find instructional overload at Blender.org. If you have a question you can easily tap into a plethora of resources whether it be the a link to one of the almost countless number of community forums, online manuals, tutorials, examples, whatever you need it's there.

~Urlee~

o
RE: New Program

Do you always talk to yourself Urlee? haha
J.

o

Judy,
My problem is: I speak before I think? "lol"

Anyhow, that is one way to get replies to myself?

~Urlee~

o

Here is what I found on OpenGL:

OpenGL is the premier environment for developing portable, interactive 2D and 3D graphics applications. Since its introduction in 1992, OpenGL has become the industry's most widely used and supported 2D and 3D graphics application programming interface (API), bringing thousands of applications to a wide variety of computer platforms. OpenGL fosters innovation and speeds application development by incorporating a broad set of rendering, texture mapping, special effects, and other powerful visualization functions. Developers can leverage the power of OpenGL across all popular desktop and workstation platforms, ensuring wide application deployment.

My card will support the software. It is an ATI 9000 Radeon Catalyst. I believe I upgraded my graphics card last year. I'll have to download it and see what it is all about!

Rebecca

o

Urlee and Judy - I love talking to myself - nobody argues with me!

Elaine

o

Thanks Rebecca,
My card is: ATI Radeon X6000XT Pro and assume it will support it too?
I will have to check THIS out that I just now found to see.

I came upon a page before, where it showed a sample of the walking man etc. and can't find it now? "lol"

~Urlee~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here