Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just showing off

Posted by jacksmum (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 05 at 2:57

Just showing off our beautiful daughter Mandy.
I was playing with sepia and faded edges - I love how it came out.

Sue :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just showing off

Beautiful job and beautiful girl - and lucky you are!

Elaine

o

Sue,
That is beautifully done!
And yes, beautiful subject to work with.

*hugs*
~Urlee~

o

Thank You Elaine and Urlee. Hard to believe my baby girl is 18 this year. We are blessed to have her and her brother too.

o

Sue, that is really lovely. I bet your daughter was pleased, too.

Joy

o

Sue- what a lovely picture! I bet you are beating the boys away from the door!
Judy

o

Thank You Joy & Judy.
Judy she isn't interested in boys, make up or going out we truly are blessed. LOL

She graduates this year and doesn't even want to go to prom her words were:
"What a waste of money to eat crappy food and see your friends get drunk and make fools of themselves."

Instead she is putting the money towards seeing Motley Crew in concert in December - 4 of them have already bought tickets 3rd row from the front and are thinking about getting a hotel and having a weekend in the city as well. LOL the child doesn't even like the music of her own generation! Motley crew are as old as me. LOL

o

"lol" Sue,
Now I wonder where she grew to like Motley crew from?
Did you sing to her while she was a baby or was carrying her the 9 months?

In other words, as the saying goes, "I come by it honest".

~Urlee~

o

LOL Nope no Motley songs during pregnancy. While I do sing along quite happily to The Crue my heart belongs to the grandfather of shock rock - Mr Alice Cooper.

I overdosed her on his music as a baby and toddler and she grew up hating his stuff - but in the last year or so she has starting listening to him openly and now enjoys it with me.

She's just a weird kid - she loves Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra too but also likes modern stuff like Evanesence, Linkin Park and Foo Fighters. LOL but she will leave the room if I play Eminem - or "Mum's rap crap" as the kids call it.

o

Beautiful pic and a beautiful daugher!

Motley Crue, brings back memories of my first concert. Gun's and Roses were the opening band. Both of my kids like classic rock. I remember my oldest sister having Alice Cooper posters on her wall. He scared me to death, LOL!

I love Dave Matthews! My "rap crap" is Kid Rock and the Beastie Boys, but I have to listen to them when the kidos are not around :).

Here is the other apple of my eye...

Rebecca

o

WOW!
What BEAUTIFUL red hair!
She is a doll!
Love the coloring of the whole picture in general.

~Urlee~

o

Oh MY Urlee is right. She is just stunning. Coty and your little girl are both beautiful kids and that photo is great.

o

Wish I could play with her hair. She is a cutey!!!!!
Judy

o

Rebecca - she is gorgeous! Her hair is exactly the color mine was until about 10 years ago. Sigh....... age fades everything.

Elaine

o

Great to see you posting, Judy! Please be sure to take care of yourself during this time.

Thank you all for the nice comments. Yes, she is known for her curly red hair and a fiery attitude to go with it! Her name is Maleah (common spelling Malia) and she will be 3 next month. Neither my husband nor I have red hair, so we get asked a lot where she gets it. That picture was just one of those moments where everything was right, the shirt she has on, the daffodils, her hair. She is used to Mommy carrying a camera around!

Sue, I appologize. I didn't mean to hijack your thread!

Rebecca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here