SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacksmum_gw

Fridays Painting

jacksmum
18 years ago

This is the same area as the last painting but from a different angle.

Hope you like it. I had a lot of fun slapping the paint on with a palette knife to build up the texture LOL.

HUGS

Sue :)

{{!gwi}}

Comments (18)

• reduc500
    18 years ago

You did a mighty fine job of "slapping"!!!
    Judy

• jacksmum
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank You Judy. I enjoyed it. LOL probably take about a year before all that paint dries. :)
    Sue.

• urlee
    18 years ago

Oh my goodness Sue,

I can see the depth up front (½) in that one.
    Amazing!
    We are going to have to name you, Arteesto Sue.

~Urlee~

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Oh neat! Great job! Makes me want to go puddle jumping and skip rocks, and have a picnic on the grassy hill.

I love to paint too when I can find the free time. I do acrylics on rocks. I'm a big fan of Lynn Wellford.

Rebecca

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of my paintings.

• reduc500
    18 years ago

Wow. Nice work Rebecca. Another budding artist in our group!!
    Judy

• Joy_CA
    18 years ago

Sue, you've done it, again. I especially enjoy your use of color, very, very nice.

Joy

• Elaine_Canada
    18 years ago

Great job Sue - I'd love to see this at the sea shore. Unfortunately I live on a river and there is nothing that even resembles this. We do have some pretty scenery though.

Keep at it.

Elaine

• jacksmum
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you all for the kind comments.

Rebecca I go to an oil painting class on Fridays and love it although I'm cutting back to one class a fortnight as I'm running out of storage room LOL

I really enjoyed seeing your rock paintings and Coty is very talented too. How old is he? His fish is wonderful.

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

My Coty is 9 yrs old. According to him, 9½ to be precise :).

{{!gwi}}

• jacksmum
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ooooooo Coty is definately a cutie.Bet he is already running away from the girls.

The only rock painting I ever did was with paintshop

{{!gwi}}

• Elly1
    18 years ago

Great paintings both of you.
    Rebecca, Coty is handsome - and I love the kitty.
    Sue, can I steal yur rock? I have a friend named Poppy who would love it?

• Joy_CA
    18 years ago

Sue, look, we painted the same rock :-)....Joy

• amy_z6_swpa
    18 years ago

Wow, very sparkly, Sue! Nice job.

I love the effect of the Coty pic! How do you get the exact form of the shirt filled with color, or vice versa? I've read instructions before on coloring certain parts of pics but it always involved freehand selection of the object to color, which does not make sense to me and would not give you such good results.

LOVE the PSP rock "paintings"!

• cannahavana
    18 years ago

Whew, I was sweating it this morning! I could not post because my membership ran out. I had to pay to play!

Now those rocks are much easier and faster than the way I do it! Sue, where did you get the rock image? That would make a great sig. Elly I like your daylily sig. I am a daylily fanatic.

Amy, the way I do that effect is using layers. I use photoshop and not sure how it is done in psp. I downloaded a trial version, but haven't had a chance to play in it. To do the effect, I bring the image in and then make a copy of that layer and then desaturate the copy layer. Still on the copy layer, I zoom in until I can see detail of what I want to colorize. Then I grab the eraser tool and start erasing where I want color. With the underlying layer in color it starts to 'bleed' through. Keep erasing until you get the desired effect.

HTH,
    Rebecca

• urlee
    18 years ago

Elly,
    Is this your friend?

~Urlee~

• Elly1
    18 years ago

Thanks folks,
    My friend Poppy (I have never met her- she is a cyber pal and loves gardening) will love it, and Urlee I don't think I have I have ever seen her use that one - I know she will love it (if it is OK to take it). That DayLily grows in one of my other "terrestrial" friends back yards. I took a picture of it last year and did a little work on it in PhotoShop Elements. I am still learning PSP.

(like the matriarch on "Dallas")

• jacksmum
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Elly
    Go right ahead and snag the poppy rock :)
    Nice tag Urlee.

Rebecca the rock was from a tutorial.I'll go through my files later and see if I can find the link. If I do I'll post it for you.

• urlee
    18 years ago

Elly,
    Urlee I don't think I have I have ever seen her use that one - I know she will love it (if it is OK to take it). I made that for someone on another forum and thought she was your friend. May be a clash if two different ones had the same one?

~Urlee~

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!