Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fridays painting - using pastels

Posted by jacksmum (My Page) on
Fri, May 19, 06 at 22:49

Hi Folks

Well using the pastels was certainly an experience - far less forgiving than the oil paints and harder to cover any mistakes - lol like those awful rocks on the left!!

I found it similar to drawing with chalk but messier, it was certainly interesting to try new techniques and I liked the feel of them on my fingers - the teacher advised us not to smudge if possible but being left handed my hand seemed to constantly be connecting with the paper and making a mess.

Have a wonderful weekend
Sue :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fridays painting - using pastels

Wow Sue,
You did great!
Pat yourself on the back!

Urlee

o

You did just fine Sue - and it's only your first try. You catch on quick!
Elaine

o

I give you so much credit Sue for trying all these new things. I love the pastel look, and I'm sure you will master it as you did with the oils.
Carol

o

You are too hard on yourself.
It's another great work of art!
Judy

o

Thank You ladies.
lol it was a little like being back at school and coloring between the lines we drew. Peter (the teacher) said later on down the track he will do another pastel class.

He gave us all our own set so we can practice and play at home but I will have to buy the special paper if I want to do that.

Hope you are all having a great weekend
Sue :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here