Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a request for help for yas, but it's a challenge...

Posted by aprilflower (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 05 at 20:40

Or at least it is to me!

Been working at this for a few hours and I'm stumped. I have a picture I'd like to clean up for Mother's Day, and I can only get so far with it. I started with this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

did what I could in PsP7 (the only one I'm truly comfortable with) and came up with this:

which is all fine and dandy, till I email it to my mom and she points out to me that the baby's hair (mine) should be platinum blonde, and her hair is blonde with platinum blonde streaks. Also the bottom half of the couch, her arm, chest,and other hand are orange. The whole couch is supposed to be tan and pink (at least the pink is right).

I've almost torn my hair out bald and still can't figure out where to go from here. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
april

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have a request for help for yas, but it's a challenge...

Hmmm... that's a tough one!

I would go back to my scanning software and try to correct some of the fade there. The closer you can get to the original colors in the scan the better your results will be when you start working in PSP. There just isn't much there to work with.

Also I would crop to get rid of most of the stained area at the bottom.

And blond hair usually looks darker in photos, something about the way light hits it.

In other words, mine didn't come out very good either. ;-)
Jill

o

Ooooo Jill you did great.
I cheated and went for a black and white look instead.

Wonder how it would look as a pencil sketch? LOL might need to sift through all my papers and see if I can remember how to do that.

Sue :)

o

You both did great! Thanks so much!

o

My try,

~Urlee~

o

Time for a little teamwork.

I added Urlee's picture as a new layer over my picture and set the blend mode to Soft Light and pulled the opacity down about halfway, then pasted it as a new layer again and set the blend mode to Overlay and pulled the opacity on that layer down about half, too.

Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks Urlee.

Jill

o

Hey, That's great Jill.
Now we're cooking!

~Urlee~

o

Tried it a little darker to see.

~Urlee~

o

Thank You all so much!

These are wonderful, and I think there are enough good choices here for what I need. Thanks again, ya'll are so talented!

o

Great work girls - you amaze me with your talents.
Hope you have a great Mother's day Aprilflower.
Sue :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here