Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
psp.....

Posted by Vique_Pa (My Page) on
Thu, May 12, 05 at 16:58

Hello out there. I am seriously considering getting Paint Shop Pro. I know absolutely nothing about it, so if you were me, knowing all that there is to know about it, which one would you suggest? There seem to be so many out there i.e #6, #7, #8 etc. I have PSP Studio, but some of the tutorials call for me to use things that are not included in this version. For instance, I have a tut here for "cutting" something out and putting it on a different background, but it calls for me to use the lasso tool and I don't have one with this program. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Vique.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: psp.....

Hi Vique,
That is a hard question to answer because it is a matter of?
I learned on PSP7 and do have PSP8 which has more on it but being I had 7 first and got to know it, I miss the friendlier usage of it. There are many things I don't like about 8 and like 7 better but I haven't learned 8 enough to rate it fairly. There also is PSP9 out there but I am satisfied with what I have.
7 is by far easier than 8. The tools are right there in plain sight where on 8 you have to click on a tool for a drop down list of others to find the one you want.
Just a little to let you know.

~Urlee~

o

Hi Vique
I have version 7 and 8. I love version 7. 8 seems a lot slower to load and doesn't seem as friendly BUT maybe if I played with it more I'd change my mind. It does have some great new features like tha automatic photo enhance and warp tool that's lacking in 7.

The great thing about PSP is the amount of FREE help online and the availability of plugins, tubes etc. There's a tutorial for everything you could imagine and the help files are brilliant - one of the rare programs where "help" is actually helpful :)

I've never seen version 9 so can't comment.

Here's a couple of links to download the trial versions (30 day fully functional) of version 7 and 9. Sorry I couldn't find a site that had version 8 for free.

Maybe if you had a play with them it would help you decide.
Good luck
Sue :)

Trial Version PSP7
http://www.5star-shareware.com/Windows/Graphics/Image-Editors/psp7-download.html

Trial Version PSP9
http://www.corel.com/NASApp/cs/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Downloads/Trials

o

Hi Vique, another thing lacking in V7 is, scripts.

I have 7/8 and 9, I wouldn't give up V9 for anything. I would be very suprised if the other versions will ever be upgraded....PSP9 took their place. If you have never used PSP you won't have a problem learning, because, you won't have to 'unlearn' a previous version.

Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Corel Home page

o

Thanks to all of you for answering my question, all three of you have been a big help in my decision. It is wonderfull to have people like you, who are willing to help you out when you need it. Vique.

o

I've only ever used PSP 8 so far but I absolutely love it. I had the trial version that came when we bought our Dell in 2003, and loved it so much I bought the program when my trial expired. I got it on eBay for $29 with Animation Shop, new and unregistered. It's awesome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here