Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Waiting Endlessly

Posted by kyry (My Page) on
Fri, May 12, 06 at 11:11

I did a little creative work on this tut, I didn't want to use the same graphic. I tried her water animation but didn't like the outcome. Mine is not much better, but I just used the smudge brush method. The tut was easy to follow if you don't decide to start changing things like I usually do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waiting Endlessly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Waiting Endlessly

Kyry..
That is just lovely. Great work.
Bev

o

Oh I love that one!!
Judy

o

Thanks ladies, but the more I look at the water the more I dislike the motion.
Carol

o

I love that picture Carol but GEE, you can't even print her tute out like I need to follow for ease.
She sure has it locked up tight!
I have a real good water program I wanted to try on it but don't think I will be able to now.

Urlee

o

Lovely.
I think you did great Carol. I've saved it to try.
Sue :)

o

Wow Urlee, I've never seen that before! Sometimes I do print them, but this wasn't that long so I didn't try till your post, I can't believe it. Why I wonder?
Carol

o

Urlee -
Try this to print the tut - highlight the complete page, copy and paste it to ( I used Microsoft Word ) but I suppose you could maybe use wordpad if necessary. When I used Word it copied the graphics as well, if you use notepad you have to save them individually and insert them where necessary. If the font doesn't show, you might have to highlight again and change the font color, but at least you can print the whole tut. Works for me! I'm anxious to see yours with your water program. Hope it works for you.
Elaine

o
RE: Waiting Endlessly2

kyry - I forgot to tell you how much I like the job you did. I particularly like the little girl, "waiting endlessly" - she's perfect for this.

Elaine

o

They are fixing some tuts now where U can't highlite them. I use the highliting to mark my place if I need to go back to the top to look at the picture or some instruction.
Nice pix..
Sugar

o

Elaine,
I can't even HIGHLIGHT to copy OR even Prt Scrn it!!!!!!!
I've tried everything except "My camera" "LOL"!!!!!!!

Urlee

o
RE: Waiting Endlesslyxxxxx

Looks like she used this?

Urlee

Here is a link that might be useful: Locked up!

o

Thank you Elaine. I had forgotten about copy and pasting into word, I have done that on occasion.
Urlee, are you refering to Squirlz to animate the water? I have been trying to do it with that, but with the mask and border I can't figure out how to just get the water to ripple.
Carol

o
RE: Waiting Endlessly0000

No Carol,
I don't have Squirlz DL'd.
I should not have said program.
I meant I used a way other than her's.
It is thru Image Effects settings. A favorite way of mine.
Urlee

o

Tell me, Tell me please! Are there instructions anywhere? Or a tut?
Carol

o

As a QUICKIE for impatient CAROL :) I experimented with her's!

How'd I do Elaine?

Carol,
I did it in ANI SHOP using underwater effects.
Followed a formula from a tutorial Judy posted years back from vicssignatures of a fountain.
Will see if I can locate it to post.

Urlee

o
RE: Waiting Endlessly0000

If any body can get into Vic's, it is Member request - 12, Water Fountain. Have to be a member now which I am not.
Other wise I will have to type it all out.

Urlee

o

Absoutely perfect Urlee!!!! I have been sitting here trying every imaginable setting with distortion effects wave, ripple, Eye Candy etc. None compare with yours. Hopefully someone will have a copy of that tut. Thanks so much.
Carol

o
RE: Waiting Endlessly--------

Carol,
Back in the good ole days, I didn't save on my computer, the tutes I did.
I just printed them all out but I bet I could scan it for ya?
Will wait to see if someone can get in.

Urlee

o
re RE: Waiting Endlessly

That would be great Urlee! I'll be patient and see if anyone comes up with it. If not maybe you could email it to me.
Thanks,
Carol

o

I was a member of Vic's signatures so I just went there to have a look but it seems I'm not a member anymore.
I remember there was some really neat stuff there and I learned quite a lot from Vic's tutorials so I've reapplied to join.
Sue :)

o

You did a great job Urlee - it's beautiful. Weird that you couldn't highlight it - I had no problem at all. Looks like you had no problem anyway.
Elaine

o

I couldn't get the pictures to open and couldn't get the mask right so this is totally different but I like it :)

I used the Squirz program to animate.
Landscape Picture is by Jim Wegryn
you can visit his site and see more of his wonderful work here:
jimwegryn.com/Photos/Photos.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Jim Wegryn

o

Sue,
I love that but I get a black flash (flicker) along the whole bottom?

Urlee

o

I was able to copy the one from Vics if anyone wants it.
Judy

o

That is beautiful Sue. It shows fine on my end(no flicker) I love the Squirlz program, it is so realistic looking. I wish I could figure out a way to use it for this picture.
Carol

o

I do, I do! Pretty Please Judy?
Carol

o

Thanks Judy.
Saves me some time here.

Carol, I DL'd Squirlz and something happened when I went to use AS so I quickly deleted it thinking that was the culprit. Didn't try again as I love using AS and didn't want anything to destroy the use of it?

Urlee

o

I just sent them to you. Hope it makes sense.
Judy

o

Thank you so much Judy, I got it, hope I can figure it out.
Happy Mothers Day!
Carol

o

Judy - may I please have a copy of that tut for the water movement. I would appreciate it, although I suffer from sea sickness really bad - I'll give it a try on day.
Elaine

o

Thank you Judy, this is much better. Although I really couldn't figure out the part of making four waves and changing the setting on each. Probably working through the original tut made it a little easier to understand. Somehow I got it to work, not as the instructions went as I just wasn't quite sure, but I am so much happier with these results.

o

It's on its way.
J.

o

I tried it! yes, of course it's a picture on our golf course, but there's water in it......
I won't tell you how long it took me to remember how to post this.

Elaine

o

What I can see are very good. I've been "waiting endlessly" for them to load!! haha
Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here