Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oceans Away

Posted by kyry (My Page) on
Sat, May 20, 06 at 9:13

This is from the same site as the Skyline tut. I used Squirlz to animate, I was just playing around with it and came up with this, I'm sure someone else could improve on it. It was a little tricky because I had to save it six times(6 different selections) to make the flow different with the different water. I'm not too happy with the waters edge, as I couldn't figure out how to do an ebb and flow. I'm sure maybe with more playing, or maybe another save it might look better.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oceans Away

Carol- that is beautiful. A really nice job.
Judy

o

Thank you Judy.
Carol

o

That's beautiful Carol
You did good. I missed this one when I was looking at that site - guess I'll have to go back :)

I can never get the squirlz to work right either on more than one area - they tend to all join together :(

Sue :)

o

I would have tried it in AS, but when I checked the wave choice I really was lost.
Carol

o

Hi Carol
I can't find that tut on the site, can you point me in the right direction?

o

Here it is Sue, it is the second one.
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Only an Ocean Away

o
me again

LOLOLOLOL That explains why I couldn't find it.
Yours is so much nicer.
I was looking for a picture of the old sailor, boy and dog.
Not sure I want to do it now as ladies faces get a bit boring :)
Sue.

o

Oh wow, Carol!
Terrific!
I got dizzy watching it.(sea sick)

Urlee

o

Thank you Sue,(I could send you that tube if you want) let me know. Urlee Im waiting for you to do it as I know you could get the water better.
Carol

o

Gee Carol,
Maybe I for sure should not do it, keeping you thinking I could get the water better?
Is it possible? You did a terrific job.

Urlee

o
RE: Oceans Away00000

Carol,
I just glanced at the tute?
Is the water movement your idea?
Her's isn't moving?
Urlee

o

Yes, you started the whole thing with telling me about the instructions for the tut at Vic's. Now I'm hooked! Trying to get it right.
Yes it is possible( to do it better) you are usually up for that kind of challenge, but I remember you said you do not have Squirlz downloaded. There is always the wave effect in AS. C'mon I dare you!
Carol

o

thanks Carol - you have email
Sue

o

Carol, I really like how your "ocean motion" turned out, but you're right, the water's edge needs to move in and out. Just to see if I could do it I used PSPX and AS using the Morph transition. The image is 252KB so rather than post it here I'm using a link. Whadda' ya think...

http://members.cox.net/jillzey/ebb100.gif

What I did was isolate the lower part of the water (from the rocks down) on a layer by itself, duplicate that layer and deform one of them to make it look like the water had ebbed. From these parts (blurred background, upper image, water flowing in, water ebbing out) I created 2 complete image frames, one with the water flowing in (original water) and one with the water ebbing out (deformed water). Took those 2 frames to AS and used the Effects / Insert Image Transition... / Morph to create the inbetween frames.

As this is just a sample I only created 2 transition frames, but to make a smooth ebb and flow sequence I duplicated the 2 trans. frames and reversed them so it goes Flow, Trans1, Trans2, Ebb, Trans2, Trans1.

Now, tell me about this Squirlz you used, I don't think I heard of it. I'm thinking a patchwork from the Squirlz frames and the AS Morph frames would make an awesome animation.

Jill

P.S. If you want to really make yourself crazy, add a gentle bobbing motion to the boat. :D

o

Wow Jill, that is perfect! Going to put these instructions in "Jill's PSP tips" folder.
I'm attaching the link for Squirlz Reflect Program. It is such a great little program, I've had it for over a year and love it. It does most of the work for you. The newest version will save to .gif it used to only save to AVI. Try it you will love it.
Thanks for your help in the ebb and flow.
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Squirlz Reflect Program

o
re RE: Oceans Away

PS Jill I'll let you try to bob the boat!!!!
Carol

o

Jill - you did an awesome job on this. I'm feeling a little seasick already.
Elaine

o

Kyry
I emailed you concerning the sailor,boy,dog tube. Thanks Joyce

o

Thank you Carol for the tube............Joyce

o

Jill - so nice to see you posting and you did a wonderful job on the water.

Carol - Thank You :)
I appreciated your email

Sue

o

Hi~
I'm new here, but have been playing around with squirlz reflection program for some time. I have finally figured out how to do what I want to, but I can not get it to save; not in AVI nor in .gif! When I go to save it, it does funky things: locks up the computer, saves it into a file with no data, saves it but I can't retreive it, saves it in a format the program/computer can't read... I'm so frustrated!
I do have one copy saved as AVI, but when I try to open it with the 'open avi' button, a pop-up tells me it can not successfully open that file, but doesn't tell me WHY it can't.
Any of you who are more familiar with the program have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Thanks !
Danielle

o

Hi Danielle
I must admit I don't use the Swirlz program much but have never had it lock up or freeze on me.
Maybe you need to reinstall it as you may have a damaged file.
WELCOME

o

Hi Danielle
I have used the program off and on for about a year. Never had that happen, wish I could be of more help, but believe me I am no computer genius and have no idea what to tell you. I think Sue's suggestion is right on target, let us know how you make out. There is a new version, I had downloaded it for this tut. It used to be you could only save it as an AVI, this one has a save as a gif button right up top on the tool bar
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here