Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photoshop border question

Posted by Virginia7074 (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 05 at 7:36

I used Photoshop 5.5 to create a magnet for my school last year. Need to update it this year and it's almost finished, except that I want to put a solid black border around it and cannot for the life of me get anything but a gradient. I dragged the select tool around the outside, went to Select, Modify, Border, typed in the size, clicked the background color (black) and selected black on the palette. When I click the paint bucket, it pours a gradient around it. The kicker is that I put a solid black border around it last year - didn't even know you could do a gradient border! I don't use PhotoShop very often, but need an EPS file. I know 5.5 is old, too, but my school will get a newer version next year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photoshop border question

Sorry about that Virginia,
Everyone must be out doing their Spring cleaning?

I use PSP7 & 8 and it works with a click of the button.
No need to drag and pour.

~Urlee~

o

That's OK, Urlee. Our URL is changing next year, so I'm on hold until we find out what it will be; otherwise, we'd just have to redirect. Last year, I think I changed the canvas color to black - or maybe created a new document with a black canvas - then copied it. I'm going to try to recreate that. Thanks!

o

Sorry about that Virginia. I thought for sure someone here could help you as I thought some used PhotoShop?

Good luck with what you do do and stop in to peek here once in awhile.

~Urlee~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here