Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
needing some help please

Posted by Elaine_Canada (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 28, 05 at 18:02

I've been asked to design a business card for a band that is completely seniors...at a retirement home, where my mother lives.

Definitely "country, fiddle and guitar music" - and the band is called "The Corn Huskers".

As you can imagine - I don't really have many picture tubes, or pictures on the computer along these lines.......anybody able to stear me in the right direction?

Sure would appreciate a little help.

Elaine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: needing some help please

I'm trying to see what I can locate for you Elaine. Not sure excatly what kind of images you want, but here is one I found.
Bev
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o
RE: needing some help please/2

Here are a few more Elaine. I hope they help and Good Luck with your project.
Bev

o

Bev - Thank you soooooo much - this is a great help. I love the country fiddler and the 3 guys playing guitars and the fiddle. This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.
This is a fun little project that will make an old man happy.
Thanks again - Elaine

o

Your more than welcome Elaine, glad I could be of help. It's usually me on here asking for help. LOL
Bev

o

Elaine all I could find was frogs in a band. LOL I'm sure Bev's will be just perfect.
Sounds a fun project.
Have fun.
Sue :)

o

Keeping this in the same thread....but posting the two cards I came up with, just to show you what I did with your help Bev.
The first one, you have to imagine the lines around it, because it's a white background and doesn't show the size but it's regular business card size. Also took the name and address off to protect the innocent.

First Card

Second card

o

Great work Elaine.
The second one is really effective with the corn background. That font looks so familar but I can't place it - can you remember what one it is?
HUGS
Sue :)

o

I think they're both good but I like the second one the best.
Teri

o

I vote for the second one too but they are both cute!
Nice work.
Judy

o

Wow Elaine,
Those are terrific!
I too vote the 2nd one. Love your creation!

~Urlee`

o

Second one it is! I trust your judgement......thanks.
Elaine

o

YOu did a great job, and yes definitely the second one with the corn is super...Hope they appreciate your hard work. LOL
Bev

o

Great work Elaine, and those graphics are perfect! I also vote for #2. I just love doing things like that, I do so many things for the Nursing Home I work at, they are always comming up with some off the wall ideas for me to put together. If I can resize a poster I had to make for Nurses week I will post it. I really enjoy the challanges they give me. The only thing I had was something to go with "together we shine" I'll work on resizing now and post later.
Carol

o

I went to the new link and saw your work Carol - it's lovely.
Elaine

o

Thanks again Elaine.
Carol

o

I like the second one also..here is something that might give a little different "take" on it...

o

Thanks Maybe - I've saved graphic in case I need something different later. Appreciate the help. It isn't easy looking for "corn".

Elaine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here