Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phhotobucket users HELP!

Posted by shaddy101 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 07 at 7:41

Or Yahoo, where ever you store your pictures. Need some assistance, don't know if this is the right place or not, am green as grass in this neighborhood. You will know for sure, after you read my question.
How can I get eml after a picture, stored in my documents, changed into JPG, or BMP file, or anything else that can be uploaded to the site?
I have scads of pics I would like saved, and they won't be accepted, most are emails. Or maybe it can't be done?
Please take it slow for a granny?
Thanks for any assistance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phhotobucket users HELP!

Not sure if I understand but I think you are wanting to just save the pictures from emails? If the picture is in the body of the email try right clicking on it and check to save to my documents or wherever you want to save it to. If the picture is an attachment, left click on it and save the same way. Then store at Photobucket. Is that what you meant?
Carol

o

Shaddy, do you have Photoshop (Paint Shop Pro won't work)?
You need an editor that will let you open the eml file, then save the photo as jpeg.

You might try the following...
Browse for the photo in Windows Explorer, right click and choose rename, change the file ending to jpeg (if it will let you), don't know if it will work.

Also, try posting your question on the Computer Forum.

Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Computer Help Forum

o

I do hope I can help you. After you click on the picture you want to change the file extension go to "File" at the top of your screen,in the dropdown click on "save as". At the very bottom of the page there will be two white boxes. One is where you type in what you are going to name the file, called "File name". The bottom one says "save as type". To the right of this box is a little checkmark, click on it and it will give you a large popup file. Just highlight the one you want to save your file as. There is jpg, eml, and many, many more. Highlight the one that says jpg,jpg. There are 2 jpg files. At least mine does. Then click on save and your done.

Good luck. Charlene

o

arosegirl, thanks so much, with what you have told me, and some insight gained by a lot of questions, and prayer, I might be able to get to the bottom of this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here