Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PSP color pallet problems

Posted by sugar_fl (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 30, 07 at 23:05

I am having problems with the color pallet.. when I click on it it puts up a message that it is looking for new items & then loading new items.. it has taken as long as 5 or more minutes for it to load. This happens even if I just click on the it to just get the hue & saturation to colorize. Also the color pallet is not docked down & can be moved around. I don't think it has always been that way. I am about ready to give up PSP as it is just to frustrating. I wonder if I reload it will that correct it.
I have not put anything directly into PSP. I have a folder & put things there. I don't even have a path to the tubes or fonts. I have very few brushes. I do have quite a few filters but who doesn't... I have several filters showing that don't work.. how do I get rid of them. It is funny as the color seems to be the only place I am having problems.
Dar
I NEED HELP..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PSP color pallet problems

Hi Dar, if your workspace is 'Default' in PSP9, try the following....you will lose any customized settings that you have.

File > Preferences > Workspace > Load >
Click: Default/OK.

That should reset PSP. Close PSP and reboot your computer.

RE: Plugins...you probably need DLL Files...try the link at the bottom of this message.

Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Filters & Plug-ins (DLL files bottom of left side)

o
RE: PLugin DLL files...

Dar, just in case you need this information...Joy

Plugin DLL
Make sure you have the Plugin.dll and Msvcrt10.dll in the correct Windows folder.
Windows 98 - Unzip into your C:\Windows\System folder

Windows ME - Unzip the Plugin.dll into your C:\Windows folder AND into your plugins folder.
Unzip the Msvcrt10.dll into your C:\Windows\System folder

Windows 2000 - Unzip into your C:\WINNT\System folder

Windows XP - Unzip into your C:\Windows\System32 folder

o

Joy I have those in the correct place (searched to be sure)
I keep Adobe PhotoDeluxe install mostly for that reason. It is a very old (Version 1)but does the job & is useful once in awhile. If the background is solid it does a great job of tubing. You just have to be sure there is no breaks in the outline.
I don't see a default under workspace load. I do see a PSP 9 art media.
Thanks for the answer :)
Dar

o

Dar, try this PSP 9 Workspace tutorial....you should be able to click on Default. It's near the bottom under "Loading Workspace".

RE: Plugins.
You will have to find the folder that holds your Plugins and delete the ones you no longer want.

It should be some thing like....
C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 9\Plugins

Open the Plugin file and find the name of the Plugin you no longer want and delete...

Joy

Here is a link that might be useful: Customizing, Saving & Loading Workspaces (PSP 9)

o
More Plugins info...

Dar, try finding the plugins in the following file, first...

My Documents/My Paint Shop Pro 9 (it may say My Paint Shop Pro, without the 9)...or, if you have filed the plugins in a separate folder you will have to delete them from that folder.

The plugins you want to remove may not be in this file, unless you put them there...most of the plugins in this file came with the program and should be working.
"C:\Program Files\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 9\Plugins".

Joy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here