Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Digital pic will not print in color

Posted by fredda5018 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 05 at 16:24

I take pics with a Kodak Easyshare dX 4530. Their s/ware is on my machine. I am trying to print a digital photo with my lexmark Z32 printer. The pic will not print with any color in it, as if it is a b/w pic. I have printed color photos before with this s/ware and granted the colors were not as bright as they might have been, at least you could tell they were in color. I have tried Kodak paper and an off brand. All setting are same as before. My cartridges are full in printer. Would appreciate any help.
Thanks, fredda

Tried printing a regular page with regular paper and the color works fine.
I had this posted on the computer forum, guess I was in the wrong place. I have been all around the Kodak site and can't find an answer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Digital pic will not print in color

Sorry I can't be of any help Fredda, I have an older Sony Mavica camera, it uses a floppy disc, I just insert that into my computer and use either HP software or PSP to print out my copies. Don't know much about the Easyshare.
Hopefully someone else here might use that, is that the one that you put the camera in and then print out of the base of it?
Carol

o

Can you plug the camera directly into the computer (USB Port) and access the photos that way? If you can then try different software and see if that helps.

I know I plug our camera into the USB port in my husbands computer and XP recognises it as a drive on the computer and lets me view, move, delete etc from there. Then I save the ones I want to print to play with later using Paint shop pro and print from there.

Sorry I'm not much help either.
Sue.

o

Thanks for the replies. The prob is that my Lexmark z32 printer will not print my pics in color on photo paper. Printer will print color on reg paper from any other site. Am waiting for an answer from Kodak.
fredda

o

I think I fixed it. I just told the s/ware that I was using a better Kodak photo paper( when I am not) and the Kodak s/ware seems to set the printer for it. So far, so good. Thought someone might have the same prob and want to try this.
fredda

o

Thanks for letting us know Fredda.
Hope it will all run smoothly for you now.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here