Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Questions about Epson PictureMate Photo Lab

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 10:41

I have an Epson PictureMate Personal Photo Lab for making prints out of my stored computer images. Its worked great for about 7 years. It started making green pics and I couldn't seem to fix it myself. I took the ink cartridge out and tried it in an older PictureMate machine that I had hardly ever used, and I couldn't get it to print.

Finally re-tried to get the newer one working again, having heard its important to clean the ink jets several times.

I probably cleaned the old jets a couple times, and the new jets a couple time (its an internal function), and realized that my brand new ink cartridge is almost empty.......and it cost about $30.00. It appears that cleaning the ink nozzles uses up a ton of ink.........which isn't written anywhere. Its a bummer since they are so expensive.

Actually, it was a new ink cartridge because the previous "new" one said "half empty" after 1 picture. But at that time I hadn't kept track of how often I may have cleaned the heads.

Anyhow..........anyone have one of these machines and finds that cleaning the ink jets uses up a ton of ink??
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Questions about Epson PictureMate Photo Lab

I would suggest 7 years is about the limit for printers. Perhaps you have not used the printer for a while and the ink has dried in the nozzles. Imagine how tiny the nozzles must be to provide such precise placement of the inks to create the various colours.

I would not suggest having the printer repaired without a firm quote, new printers are cheaper than repairs I suspect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here