Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Walking in the rain

Posted by jacksmum (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 3, 06 at 3:54

This is from a site that is "Members only"
But there's no requirements to post and lots of nice tutorials so I joined and made this.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This tut and many others can be found at "Carol's creations"
msn group.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carols Creations

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Walking in the rain

Sue - you have tuts completed while I'm just thinking about them......nice work.
Elaine

o

Wow!
That is terrific.
I'm fighting snow here but looks like relief is on the way.

~~Urlee~~

o

Wow! Sue that looks great, I'm so far behind here I may need a new life just to get to work on some of these tuts.

o

I love that Sue, I will have to find it and give it a whirl
Carol

o

Sue, I love that. Will definately try that one soon.

o

We're having a baby shower here tomorrow so I don't have time to play. Boo Hoo.
Yes I am going to be a Gramma again.

But yours is nice Sue.
Judy

o

I had to make a few changes because of the tube I used, using the preset for SBP made the lettering a little to fancy for the graphic. So here it is just a teeny bit different. Thank you for the link Sue, it was fun to do. And Judy have fun tomorrow. Congratulations

o

Sue, I joined Carols Creations a while back. She has some great tutorials. I love the one you did. It looks great. I can't do it because I don't have SBP anymore. Good job!
Teri

o

Great job Sue! I have been a member there for a bit now.
Carol, love yours too. Love the tube you used.

o

You both did a great job on those tuts..I really like them.
Would love to try it sometime " Soon "
Bev

o

I tried doing this tut..I am having a problem with my optimization...This is what it is doing..I'v changed just about everything I can think of...Any help appreciated.
Bev

o
RE: Walking in the rain2

I could have sworn that I posted a message here, but it's gone...or I'm going nuts..anyway,I did this tut but am having optimizing problems..Maybe someone can help me out...Please.
Thanks Bev

o

Bev, I had the same problem, mine originally looked exactly like yours. I found a tut on optimization, but forget where I found it, I'll try to find it for you. Whatever the settings were in the tut, fixed the problem.
Carol

o
RE: Opitmization tut

Found it!
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Optimization settings

o

Thank you very much Carol, I will give it a try.
Bev

o
RE: Walking in the rain/2

O.K. I went in and re-did just some of it to see if that would work..It turned out much better...Thanks again.
Bev

o

o

Those are all great!!!
Judy

o

I'm way behind, but I finally got this done.

o

Cant find Carols creations, tried link, no luck

o

I know stardom it just vanished! What a shame too, she had some really good tuts.
Carol

o

Yes it is a shame :( I have been googling in the hope of tracking that tut down but Carols creations have vanished.
Sue.

o

I used to belong to a group that helped you find Lost Groups. They either told you if they just moved or shut down. But sometimes could tell you where some of the tuts could be found. But of course I no longer have the link in my favorites.
Carol

o

Can anybody tell me how you produce the ripling water image?Some of the above animations look so professional.

o

Hi Stardom
I think it was done by using a psp plugin by Flaming Pear called FLOOD.
Here's a link if you want to download a trial of it:
http://photoshop.pluginsworld.com/plugin.php?directory=adobe&software=photoshop&plugin=201

You duplicate the image 3 times and change the flood setting slightly in each frame then when it's animated it looks like the water is moving.

Hopefully this will help too, it's a tutorial to make animated water with the flood plugin.

Sue :)

o

Hi jacksmum, Thank you for the information, will now go ahead and give it a try.

o

Me again
Sorry stardom I didn't post the link - DOH ME!
This is the tutorial that explains the flood effect:
Tutorial

http://cbn.kaysea.com/tutorials/waves/index.html

o

Thankyou jacksmum, works well. I have also downloaded sqirls water reflections, its free, and is so easy,looks good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here