Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fridays oil painting

Posted by jacksmum (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 06 at 22:43

Hi folks
LOL not sure what I did wrong but the bottom of this is just horrid. Wonder if I should just get a saw and cut the picture in half as I'm happy with the waterfall and cliffs?

LOL at least I don't think there's any floating heads in this one but if there is a mystery Detective Urlee will solve it :)

HUGS
Sue

Image hosting by Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fridays oil painting

Sue- you are too hard on yourself. I think you did a super job!!!
Judy

o

Oh my!
Another Winner!
Sue, I LOVE it.
~Urlee~

o
RE: fridays oil paintingxxxxxxxx

I don't mean to sound like "Len Goodman" but I do like this better.

Image hosting by Photobucket

"Ouch" a tomato hit me.
~~Urlee~~

o

LOL Urlee if only it was that easy to fix the original.

Thanks Judy - Tony agrees that I'm too critical of my own work, there's a lot about this painting that I love so I will try and shift my focus off of the yucky bits. :)

I did try and soften it to get rid of the streaks but it hasn't made much difference. LOL they usually take weeks to dry but because I want to manipulate the paint a little this week it has already set!

HUGS
Sue :)

o

Well I think it's great. I love the waterfall.

o

Actually Sue,
It's that X like streak in the middle that detracts a little.
That painting is just gorgeous!
So life like and serene.

~Urlee~

o

Is it just me or does the rock on the far right look like it has a face on it? haha

o

Beautiful job Sue! Embarassed to say that I just realized from this post that these are actual paintings. Thought you had been doing them in psp. Have been watching your posts and you are getting better and better! Love seeing what you create, can't wait to see the next one!
Deb

o

LOL Judy that head just keeps popping up. It's amazing how many faces can be seen in my painted rocks - a little spooky. :)
Urlee I finally got the X like streaks to go away - a little turps and a soft brush :) Now it loks more like the one you posted :)

Mandy wants me to frame it so that gave me an ego boost. :)

Thanks Deb :) Painting in real life is more fun as I manage to color myself as well as the board :) PSP just doesn't have the same hands on experience.

Sue :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here