Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't find the Browse option

Posted by tony41 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 22:00

I can find the Browse option in Test Form but when I want to post in a particular message board I can't find the Browse option only the Optional Link URL box?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't find the Browse option

I'm sorry Tony, not quite sure what you mean by browse option. Do you mean Search? If so it is on the first page of any of the forums at the bottom, after the messages. You will see "Search this forum or entire site" right before "Post a Message to the Forum section".
Carol

o

When adding diagram or picture to message. Where is the browse box/option so a person can find files/pictures & transfer from their computer to be included with message? I found this Browse Box in the Test Forum Message Board but not in anyother.

o

You cannot post an image unless it is available to the Internet in general.
Your home computer is NOT available to everyone on the net.
Therefore the image you want MUST be on an Internet server somewhere.
You can store photos in Photobucket, some IP's provide storage also. In these storage places you will find a browse button that you can find the picture on your own computer. MSN forums do have a browse button that allow you to add your own picture to a message so you are actually using thier storage space.
With THS, this forum is part of that, you need to first put your picture, diagram etc. somewhere on line, then go to that site get it, hi-lite the the url it is on and use this html code: (img src="your url") but instead of the ( ) use < > to enclose your url.
The "optional link url" below this message box is to post a link to another web page i.e. where a tuturial is to be found. You do more or less the same thing, hi-lite the url the tut is on, copy it and then paste it into the "optional link url" box then below that is the "name of the link" box just type what the name of the tut, or whatever it is called and you will get a link to show in your message that will say: Here is a link that might be useful: it makes it easy for anyone who would like to see that page by just clicking on that link.
Now that I have made myself as "clear as mud" (I am not good at explaining things) so if anyone recognizes any mistakes I have made, please correct them.
Better yet I am posting a link for you with lots of good advice from someone named Pooh Bear who really has his stuff together!!!!!
Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Pooh Bears FAQ's

o

I wonder why when posting pictures on E-bay they can be downloaded straight from you own computer? Of course after you Browse & find the file then there must be upload from your computer to EBay.
Garden webs test form has a browse option or at least I found that one time.

o

Hi Tony,
I don't know why, it certainly would make it much easier.
Carol

o

Thanks Carol

o

You are quite welcome Tony. Do you use PSP? If so would love for you to join us. If not, you should give it a try, you can download a trial version. You can get lots of help learning right here, most of us have learned by using beginners tuts and I know I for one have several links that could direct you. C'mon it really is fun!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here