Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Resizing

Posted by perk2 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 06 at 21:39

I figured out (I think) how to take a picture from my photo album (Kodak Easy Share) and put it in Printmaster 10. I want the picture to fit in a 7"X7" area. How do I get it to fit in the space without stretching it out of porportion(sp?) and making it look out of shape? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Resizing

Gee perk,
I'd have to DL PrintMaster into my new computer to be able to help you. I know there is a trick to it but off hand I can't remember the how to's.
~Urlee~

o

Thank you Urlee, I hope you can help me out. No, I know you can!! Do you have an XP? That is what I have. It is much more confusing than my Windows ME was. At least to me it is (LOL). Thanks again and I will be checking back here.

o

O G, I guess I will have to DL that program in hopes I can help in one way or another?
I hope it's the same type of program?
Yes I have XP and LOVE it!
There are so many wonderful features that make things easier. I am still finding out things.
I, just the other day decided to do something about my having to search through my scattered folders and found you can put them in alpha order for which I did, and NOW, I don't have to hunt so much!

~~Urlee~~

o

Thanks Urlee. I'm trying to learn this XP computer, sometimes I just want to pull my hair out. I am going to see if I can find a book to help me figure out things on it. Some of the things I am finding just by accident. Oh Well, I have been writing down a lot of things on what I am doing and how I am doing it.
Thanks again Urlee and I hope I am not giving you too much trouble.

o

Perk2,
I knew there was a trick to keeping the proportions of a picture when resizing so I tried and will post it here.

Hold down on the Ctrl key the same time you pull on the handles and it will keep the picture from getting squooshed.
Try it and I hope you prove me right?

Thanks again Urlee and I hope I am not giving you too much trouble.
Hey, If I can be of any help, glad to have done so.
I know only too well, how the feeling of ooooooh what to do and how to do it can upset a person, and who can I ask?
The BEST book I bought is called Windows XP Pro The Missing Manual. List was $29.95 and I bought it for $17.37 Oct. 2004.
At first I did not like the folders in my Doc compared to how they were in Win98 but you can't imagine how much I LOVE the layout now.

~~Urlee~~

o

It doesn't work for me??????? I tried it in both of my programs and neither one worked. I sure was hoping. I held the control down until I get it to the size I needed, then let go but it still is squooooooshed.

o

Oh my goodness?
It works for me in PrintMaster.
I tried it with and without the Ctrl key.
Guess U will have to ask the "higher up" as I do not have the answer to that one?

~Urlee~

o

I'll try again. Thanks

o

I see what you mean Urlee. If I take one of the corners and "pull" on it, it does increase the size. The problem is, is that I want it to be 7"x7" and when it gets to that size it is out of proportion. It is a picture of a house that is on a 4x6. When I get it to 7x7 the house is too tall and some of the side is missing. I'm beginning to think it can't be done???? I'm taking a rectangle and trying to make it in a square. Thanks for all your help and if anyone has any suggestions PLEASE post or email me.
Thanks

o

Hi Perk. Could you add to the smaller side of the photo to make it square? Add more scenery or sky to fill it out. Then once the sides were equal you could have your square.

Can you post the picture here? We might be able to help you.
Cloning the background to make the dimensions even is the only solution I can come up with.

Sue :)

o

I think I will take another picture and have the house smaller with more background. Print it to an 8x10 and then maybe I can crop out the 7x7. Think it might work? I hope so. I don't know how to post pictures as I just got this camera and I am trying to learn that also. Too many new things. LOL

o

Hi Perk
Yep that should work. LOL at least it's all a learning experience and you'll be so proud of yourself when you master this :)
Sue

o

Thank you for all your help. Today I took the picture to a photo shop and asked if I could take the 4x6 and size it to the 7x7. He said you could not take a rectangle and make it a square without loosing some of the picture or distorting it. I saved all the info that was given me here so incase I need it I will have it. Thanks everyone for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here