Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The best thing about PSP X...

Posted by joanmn (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 19:29

to me, anyhow, is the straighten tool. I LOVE it! I take so many sunrise and sunset shots on lake and rivers and my horizons are ALWAYS crooked. So much easier to use this, than try to manually straighten the horizon.
What's your favorite feature?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The best thing about PSP X...

Hi Joanmn,
I have PSPX and started to LOVE it until I found the rotate tool rotates ALL the layers when I only want the highlighted one rotated and the others are hidden.
Wrote to Corel but so far getting the run around!

~Urlee~

o

I just started to use X and so far there isn't a favorite anything in there for me. LOL
I know it's just till I get used to it, but boy am I having trouble getting used to it.

o

• Posted by
    terri-mi
    (gw:terri-mi) on
    Mon, Feb 13, 06 at 20:44

I haven't played with it too much yet but am so glad that you asked this question. I was wondering the same thing because I am more used to psp7. I do like the warp brush although I haven't gotten very good at using it yet. Anyone know a tut using this tool? I will be interested in what everyone else finds they like. Terri

o

Urlee, use the "Free Rotate", it gives you the option of one layer. You can type in the number and enable left or right. If you want it to rotate the image, exactly, the opposite, type in 270.00 (repeat) then use Flip.

Terri, I use the Warp tool. What kind of help do you need ? Give me an example.

Did you download X or did you buy the boxed version ? The manual has information on the Warp tool on pages 87/88. If you downloaded....click on...
Help(top of workspace)
Help Topics
Index
Type 'Warp'
Click on 'Images' (under the word Warp)
Click: Display (bottom of index)....it will bring up a menu with several choices.

I really like PSPX, I don't use any of the other versions. I especially like the DCNR (Digital Camera Nose Removal).

Joy

o

Joy! I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
I wish you were here for me to hug you so hard but then again, it's a good thing for you, cause, for how happy you made me, I would squeeze toooo hard and may hurt you!
I feel like crying cause you are such a precious jewel of a person. I really got tears in my eyes cause of it. I don't mean to slobber but after umpteen letters to Corel, you answered my question where they could not.
I tried it and saw that box to uncheck and now ALL is WELL!
Bless you, bless you, bless you,
I had to try it again cause I couldn't believe it!
LOVE,
Urlee.

Here is 2 of their few replies which they just wouldn't give me an answer.

o

Urlee, you're as welcome as the flowers in May.

Don't know why they have to make it so complicated. It's no wonder people get so discouraged.

Joy

o

• Posted by
    terri-mi
    (gw:terri-mi) on
    Sun, Feb 19, 06 at 21:50

Joy I bought the PSPX version at the store & haven't really even read any of the book yet. I was just playing around with a pic of my dog & trying to make him look like those distorted dogs you see on greeting cards. I need to do an actual tut some time but haven't so far. Keep the good tips coming. Urlee I see you are as funny as you always have been. You all on this forum are a lot of fun. Terri I better get started on learning some things before it starts to get warm outside.

o

WHAT IS A TUT ?

o

Clair, "tut" is short for the word 'tutorial', also, sometimes shortened to 'tute'.

Joy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here