Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Lady tut

Posted by kyry (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 3, 07 at 11:19

I should have resized in PSP first instead of AS. It loses so much when it is done this way. Looked so much better before. And it still looks huge! I just hate to post such large files for people that have dial up connections.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Lady

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Lady tut

Looks beautiful to me Carol, as all your work does, I do agree it loses something, when optimised.I like the technique of using the rectangle tool and filling shape, I have never done that before, so that was a new learning curb for me.The heart twinkle in this picture is done from a tutorial, smashing to do. If anyone would like the link, (it is from an MSN group, but instant join.)
Here is my effort based on Blue Lady, I haven't got a clue what she has got on her head, but never mind.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Those are both nice. Here's my stab at it.

o

Hi folks,
Hazel,
I would love the link to that MSN group for that heart twinkle. I always like to add a little glitter to my work even though I am not too good at it...LOL!
Here is my effort based on this tut.
It is for my friend, Charlene:

o

Hazel, Judy, & Elly bravo! Great work. Good to see you here Judy. How is the weather where you all are? It is absolutely bitter cold here. 10F here this morning down to 6F tonight. Good days to PSP!
Hazel I had that heart tut, never did it, now I can't remember what group it was from.Can you refresh my memory?
Carol

o

Elly, that is beautiful! You are so sweet to think of me. Thank you!

o

Carol- you are warmer than me. It was 7 the last time I looked. We are suppsoed to get a lot of snow today but so far it hasn't happened and I hope it stays that way! haha
Judy

o

This is the link for twinkling heart, Enjoy.
http://groups.msn.com/MyStudioSpace/twinksparkler.msnw
This also is from there.

o

Thank you so much Hazel...
I will give it a shot soon....
I really think it would add to any valentine tuts I have been doing.
I belong to a few other MSN groups, so I just had to sign in...
Elly

o

Thank you Hazel, I did find the tut I had it saved.

o

So effective, I tried doing a different shape with dots, using the twinkles and it worked. Hazel

o

Good for you, you are so creative and energetic! And I must add patient.
Carol

o

Hi folks,
Well, I did the tut for the twinkly star, but for some reason mine does not look as good as yours:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Also, for some reason, I am not able to save animations with transparent background in Animation Shop as gifs.......I saved this one as an .mng.
any suggestions - I thought I followed the tut OK!
I know this sounds dumb, but the tut says I can save the "finished product" in AS or save it as a tube in PSP - How do I do that?

o

Elly, I think your twinkling heart is pretty, you have just given it a different twinkle.
When you have your twinkly completed with the black background, next you will want to make your background transparent.
Edit/select all
Animation/Replace colour
Old colour Black, tolerance 100 RGB Value
Transparent opacity, the background will still look black but it is transparent when you paste it into something, if all the black is not removed move your tolerance to a higher number.You can save it as a gif to one of your folders.
To export to PSP, select all, File, Save frame as Paint Shop Pro image.Then open it PSP
Now you may think I am very clever, but I have copied most of this from the tutorial.I am not very good at explaining things, but I hope this helps.Hazel

o

Hi folks,
Hazel, I think it may look better - I was OK with replacing the color with a transparency, but I had omitted a step at the very beginning of the tut - this one "now go back to the twink animation and
right click/cut in frame number 1
now click on frame 9 and paste after current frame.
this will give you 10 frames again.
(what this does is create the movement you see in the finished heart)"
the only problem I have now is that my heart looks whiter than everybody else's - maybe I put too many twinks on the half heart - guess I will have to keep on "playing"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Elly (who is learning all the time!!)

o

Elly, that is lovely, its got a brighter twinkle but so what.You have created two more twinklies, maybe you should write a tut for both.I had a go at colouring it, not great, but I am working on it.

Hazel (who also is learning all the time!!)

o

Good work Hazel and Elly.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here