SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kyry

Blue Lady tut

kyry
17 years ago

I should have resized in PSP first instead of AS. It loses so much when it is done this way. Looked so much better before. And it still looks huge! I just hate to post such large files for people that have dial up connections.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Lady

Comments (16)

• stardom
    17 years ago

Looks beautiful to me Carol, as all your work does, I do agree it loses something, when optimised.I like the technique of using the rectangle tool and filling shape, I have never done that before, so that was a new learning curb for me.The heart twinkle in this picture is done from a tutorial, smashing to do. If anyone would like the link, (it is from an MSN group, but instant join.)
    Here is my effort based on Blue Lady, I haven't got a clue what she has got on her head, but never mind.

• reduc500
    17 years ago

Those are both nice. Here's my stab at it.
    {{!gwi}}

• Elly1
    17 years ago

Hi folks,
    Hazel,
    I would love the link to that MSN group for that heart twinkle. I always like to add a little glitter to my work even though I am not too good at it...LOL!
    Here is my effort based on this tut.
    It is for my friend, Charlene:

• kyry
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hazel, Judy, & Elly bravo! Great work. Good to see you here Judy. How is the weather where you all are? It is absolutely bitter cold here. 10F here this morning down to 6F tonight. Good days to PSP!
    Hazel I had that heart tut, never did it, now I can't remember what group it was from.Can you refresh my memory?
    Carol

• roseluver
    17 years ago

Elly, that is beautiful! You are so sweet to think of me. Thank you!

• reduc500
    17 years ago

Carol- you are warmer than me. It was 7 the last time I looked. We are suppsoed to get a lot of snow today but so far it hasn't happened and I hope it stays that way! haha
    Judy

• stardom
    17 years ago

This is the link for twinkling heart, Enjoy.
    http://groups.msn.com/MyStudioSpace/twinksparkler.msnw
    This also is from there.

• Elly1
    17 years ago

Thank you so much Hazel...
    I will give it a shot soon....
    I really think it would add to any valentine tuts I have been doing.
    I belong to a few other MSN groups, so I just had to sign in...
    Elly

• kyry
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you Hazel, I did find the tut I had it saved.

• stardom
    17 years ago

So effective, I tried doing a different shape with dots, using the twinkles and it worked. Hazel

• kyry
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good for you, you are so creative and energetic! And I must add patient.
    Carol

• Elly1
    17 years ago

Hi folks,
    Well, I did the tut for the twinkly star, but for some reason mine does not look as good as yours:

Also, for some reason, I am not able to save animations with transparent background in Animation Shop as gifs.......I saved this one as an .mng.
    any suggestions - I thought I followed the tut OK!
    I know this sounds dumb, but the tut says I can save the "finished product" in AS or save it as a tube in PSP - How do I do that?

• stardom
    17 years ago

Elly, I think your twinkling heart is pretty, you have just given it a different twinkle.
    When you have your twinkly completed with the black background, next you will want to make your background transparent.
    Edit/select all
    Animation/Replace colour
    Old colour Black, tolerance 100 RGB Value
    Transparent opacity, the background will still look black but it is transparent when you paste it into something, if all the black is not removed move your tolerance to a higher number.You can save it as a gif to one of your folders.
    To export to PSP, select all, File, Save frame as Paint Shop Pro image.Then open it PSP
    Now you may think I am very clever, but I have copied most of this from the tutorial.I am not very good at explaining things, but I hope this helps.Hazel

• Elly1
    17 years ago

Hi folks,
    Hazel, I think it may look better - I was OK with replacing the color with a transparency, but I had omitted a step at the very beginning of the tut - this one "now go back to the twink animation and
    right click/cut in frame number 1
    now click on frame 9 and paste after current frame.
    this will give you 10 frames again.
    (what this does is create the movement you see in the finished heart)"
    the only problem I have now is that my heart looks whiter than everybody else's - maybe I put too many twinks on the half heart - guess I will have to keep on "playing"

Elly (who is learning all the time!!)

• stardom
    17 years ago

Elly, that is lovely, its got a brighter twinkle but so what.You have created two more twinklies, maybe you should write a tut for both.I had a go at colouring it, not great, but I am working on it.

Hazel (who also is learning all the time!!)

• kyry
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good work Hazel and Elly.
    Carol

Sponsored