Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Locket advice

Posted by stardom (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 18, 07 at 4:47

Why, when using the deformation tool,does it blur the image, even when sharpened, still looks blurred.
Why have I not got a nice clean edge on the locket, its jagged. Your comments would be much appreciated.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Locket advice

Hazel,
Lovely locket...are you following a tut?....got the url handy?...thought I'd try & duplicate what's happening in your image...

Are both your images (the locket & the photo) clean & clear before you use the deform tool?...maybe try putting the locket (before you use the deform tool) on a colored background to check...see if there's any jaggy's left behind....

I use the deform tool quite a bit & never had that happen before....always something new to keep us on our toes... : ))

Jan

o

Thankyou for responding, I did the tut some time ago, can't find the url, I keep practising, but I still get the blurred, rough edge look. The locket is drawn with the eclipse preshape tool and then just coloured in gold.I will try putting images on a coloured background (good idea of yours)to see what shows up.
When you are using the deformation tool, what setting should you have it on free scale sheer etc.I am a right idiot on this, we just do not get on this tool and me.Hazel

o

I also used the elipse preshape tool, gold fill for background & black for foreground.....I got a nice clean edge....

A couple of thoughts....

If you've been using your deform tool for different tuts, maybe the settings have been changed.....try resetting them back to the factory default settings...

Here are the settings for my deform tool....

Hope this helps....

Did you find any jaggy's when you used a colored background?...

FlutteringBy

o

Jaggy's much better when I used a coloured background, taken note of your settings for deformation tool, will try again. Thank you so much for your help Jan.Hazel

o

You're very welcome..... : ))

Keep working at it & you WILL get it sorted....you just never know, the deformation tool might turn out to be your favourite item.....lol....

Jan

o

Hazel, I was just looking at your "Opening a Portal". You seemed to have mastered the deformation tool with that one. I didn't even give that one a try. You did a beautiful job on it.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here