Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Glitter Tutorial

Posted by jacksmum (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 06 at 4:40

LOL I hope this makes sense.
I wrote this today as an alternitive to the usual way of doing glitter using glitter imported from animation & layers.

If you try it please post your results.
You can use any font or even a picture
Have Fun

HUGS
Sue :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue's Glitter Tutorial

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Glitter Tutorial

Sue- that was a lot easier than the other way.

o

Great tute Sue!
Only thing, I had to leave my text selected for the fill?

Judy, How did you get your fill to not fill the whole layer with no marching ants?

I did mine in PSP8 and tried that same step in PSP7 and they both had to have the marching ants otherwise the whole layer gets filled?
Did I miss something?

o

You have to select none so there aren't any ants doing their thing. Then click on your flood fill icon and then just click on each letter.
Judy

o

Leave it to me to screw up a nice tutorial?
I did that but no go for me.

~Urlee~

o

Judy, it doesn't work that way for me. Everytime I click on a letter it fills the whole thing. Can I reselect my text at this point...

o

You might try going to edit and click on undo deselect.
Or you could use your magic wand and click on each letter holding the shift key to hi-lite each letter.
J.

o

Hey Judy,--------:)
"Thanks Charlene" you made my day!
Just don't do the Selections, Select none after you do your text and make your dupes with the ants! They will be on the other images you just made.
You can crop it in AS or have the canvas smaller to begin with.

~~Urlee~~

o

Thanks for trying it.
I was writing down the steps as I did it, then I printed out the tut reopened psp and tried again by following my steps and I didn't need the "marching ants"

Did you have a transparent background? There really shouldn't be anything for the bucket to fill apart from the letters.

I'm glad you managed to work around it.
Nice work Judy and Urlee

Charlene please keep trying. Even start over and leave your letters selected this time.

HUGS

o

OK Elaine thought she would come out to play too.

Image hosting by TinyPic

o

Image hosting by Photobucket
Here is my attempt, but I want to put "bells and whistles" on mine like Elaines and Marilyns.

o

Gosh Sue,
I can't figure that one out?
Yes, I have a transparent image like you said.
Hmmmmmmm? Do I have to get my thinking cap on to figure why?

o

ummmmmmm Thinking. When you do your text do you create it as FLOATING? If not try doing that.

Can't really think of what else it could be but if all else fails just leave it selected and carry on. :)

Charlene nice job. When you do your name you can add stars, circles etc (using the shapes selection) or a dingbat font for variety. Just design the image how you want it before making the duplicates. Then fill the shapes when you fill your name.

Nice work ladies and thanks for trying it.

o
me again

I added a little more to the tutorial.

o

Urlee I might have figured it out.
Make sure your foreground color is OFF. You only want the background color used when you type your name.
You've got me baffled girl. :)
Sue.

o

Thought I'd give it another try.....this is fun.

Image hosting by TinyPic

o

ooooo very nice Elaine. Just one error that I can see - you spelt my name wrong. It's Sue. S U E
HUGS

o

Couldn't have done this without you Sue, so I tried to make you one. I'm learning........Elaine

Image hosting by TinyPic

o

Ladies, those are all so great.

Here is the first siggie I ever made in PSP.

o

oooooo Elaine Thank You.
I just love my princess tag - after all I am a little princess dammit! LOL

You did great!

Buzzard - Nice work. Congrats on your first psp tut.

o

Nice job Buzzard. Doesn't it feel good when you do something like that? I've got all kinds of siggies but didn't save the tuts for them.

o

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!
While I was OUT doing my detective work, you guys were putting out some out of this world creations!
WOW! Elaine! Those are so terrific!
U guy's didn't need my solutions but I was curious enough to try and figure out the mystery behind it
so here is what I came up with as my tribute here? :)
Forgot to mention the top one is while you are using the Text Tool.

Sincerely, "Detective Urlee"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here