Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oval picture

Posted by maybee (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 1, 07 at 19:08

I did this once, but now I've forgotten....how do you crop a picture into an oval shape. In PSP, I can get the oval over the picture, but then I don't know what to do....can anyone help me here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oval picture

Hi Maybee
Open a New image
Draw your oval or whatever shape you want and convert it to a raster layer.
Click INSIDE oval with the magic wand.
Now open the photo you want to use and right click - Copy
Back to oval and right click - Paster INTO selection.
TADA.

Here's one I just did
Sue :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Another Way that won't distort the image by trying to make it fit inside selection:

Open photo
Draw shape over it - solid outline and transparent fill.
Layer palette - Convert Vector (shape) to Raster layer.
While on shape layer use magic wand and click INSIDE shapewith the wand tolerance on about 80.
Selections - Invert
Mow go to the photo layer - the selection (little moving ants) should still be visible. Make sure you are on the correct layer (photo) and press the delete key on your keyboard. Voila!
Selections - select none.
Add tube or any decorations (I used a flower) then save.

o

Now I can't get the marching ants. I've opened the picture..and used elips to draw the oval. Last night that got me marching ants...today it blanks out the picture. Can you start with step one (mind has gone blank) and work with me after I open my picture. Sorry to be so much trouble...

o
RE: Oval picture solid color

What I'm getting is a solid color oval without the picture inside

o

I'm not getting the solid outline with transparent fill

o

Got it! But...now can you tell me how to get the rose tube on Photobucket - Video and Image Hostingtop of the line?

o

Hi Maybee
Glad you got it figured out while I was sleeping :)
Try this - after you get the photo in the oval add a new layer - make sure it's at the TOP of the layer palette and then add tube and it should go on top of everything else.

Is that your daughter? She is very pretty.

o

Thank you...I'll give that a try....no, she is a friend's granddaughter...she's a beauty, isn't she?

o

Thanks for that helpful hint Urlee. Rats I should have resized it more!!

o

Thank you so much...got the rose just right now....if you don't do this stuff all the time, you forget. I felt like such an idiot that I couldn't figure this out without asking. I'm still using PSP 7...how much better is the latest version and how bad is the learning curve?

o

reduc500...could you send me that bee tube?

o

I sure can. Email me through here and then I can send it to you. You can't add attachments from here.
Judy

o

Maybee please don't feel foolish - I had to relearn it to write down the steps, it's one of those things you KNOW but can't quite recall.

o

Posted by reduc500 (My Page) on Tue, Jan 2, 07 at 20:52

Thanks for that helpful hint Urlee. Rats I should have resized it more!!

I sure am happy to be given all the credit where credit is due!

Urlee

o

Sorry about that Sue. And I let Urlee take all the credit for your hard work!!! haha
Judy

o

LOLOLOL That's cool Judy.
I knew who you meant and Urlee is such a helpful soul that any thanks to her is always deserved.

o

Oh Sue, You are sooooooo sweet!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here