Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
psp7, 9,

Posted by urlee (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 13, 09 at 15:22

Does anyone here know if PSP7 or PSP9 work on a Vista 64 Bit computer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: psp7, 9,

OMG Urlee,
You are not thinking of giving up version 7 are you..??
Of course I don't have an answer to your vista question as I am still using ( and hope to continue to us) XP.....
It seems that so many things are either not compatable with vista or have special direction for Vista...
Why do they have to keep making new stuff when the old stuff works just fine??
Elly

o

Hi Elly,

I have been searching and wanting a laptop for at least 2 years now so I can participate more on these forums etc. and making "goodies" with my software programs where sitting at a desktop gets pretty tiring at "my old age" (smiles) Not a teenager anymore.
I FINALLY found a laptop to my liking and $$ but it is a 64 Bit machine and I certainly would not want it if I could not use Jasc PSP's on it.

Can't contact Jasc as they are no longer.
Hopefully I will find out so I can get down to business here.
Urlee

o

I have Vista on a laptop with PSP 9 and 10 loaded on it. I don't think V7 is very compatable. Most of my work is done on V9 as it loads faster and works well with other versions of PSP.

o

Is it 64 Bit??????
That's what I am concerned about.

I use PSP7 mostly cause it loads faster than 9 but would switch to 9 if it works and better with Vista 64 Bit,.

o

Urlee,
My computer is 64 Bit & a couple days ago I put PSP 7 on it.. it seems to be doing OK.
Dar

o

Yes Sugar,
I have PSP7 and PSP9 on my win7 64 Bit laptop and they work fine for me but as I said, I have a hard time changing from PSP7 to the better PSP9 cause I am so used to everything on PSP7.

o

Hi,
I am not sure if I know what I am talking about here, but I am wondering if any of these problems have anything to do with Windows 7. I know it does not support 8bf files, and so many of the plug ins (especially the older ones) we use, have them as a basis.....
I know this is not exactly germane to the subject matter here, but I am wondering if anyone here is using 7, and finding it does not support a lot of stuff (including even some printers)??
Elly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Graphics & Scanning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here