Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT - Grainlady.....

Posted by budster (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 5, 10 at 23:01

I thought I was one of the few who still enjoy the wisdom of re-reading "The Tightwad Gazette" books. I own all three plus a compiled version (which was in the toss out bin at a local thrift store). I enjoy them each time I read them and feel renewed and refreshed somehow. I don't find the information dated - sometimes they are just require a new spin on a tried and true. do you find it the same? Anyone else ever get a re-charge from the tightwad's bible? Budster who thinks tightwad is a good thing!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT - Grainlady.....

I get inspired each time I read them and always find some words-of-wisdom I can apply. And as you say, they may need an update or a new twist because our "world" is much different than when the books were written, but the same truths still hold water. Those books are like chatting with good friends - without the personal drama (LOL)!

-Grainlady

o

I still read mine as well. They do have a wealth of information but I agree an update would be great. They always give me the insight to be able to try something I may not have tried before.

o

I just checked the Complete volume out of the library again for the 10th or 11th time. I'm going through and writing down all the receipies.

o

mommabird - I make Bread Crumb Cookies from volume #1 I believe (sorry, too lazy to get up and check). It inspired me to go through old cookbooks and find all kinds of recipes incorporating bread crumbs - even a recipe for bread crumb brownies - but also for pancakes/waffles and muffins as well.

Waste not - want not...

-Grainlady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here