Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Value Village -- Calendars With Coupons Available Now!

Posted by Lola_Lola (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 05 at 22:11

I don't know if Value Village (second hand store) is just a Washington State thing or what, but during December and January they have their calendars for sale. I just bought mine today ($2.16). It's the third year I have done so. The coupons are great. There is one for each month along the lines of "buy one, get one free" or "$10 off purchase of $30 or more" or "save $3.00 on purchase of $10.00 or more". I stop in two or three times a month looking for fun stuff (especially for things we can use in our medieval/renaissance decorated home, like pewter candle sticks, etc.) I also find great kids clothes for my 3 nieces and an occasional good book.

Anyway, I usually end up using about half the coupons. What I do with the other half of the coupons is this: if I'm brousing in the store and it is near the end of the month, so I know the coupon will soon expire, if I don't find anything that I want to purchase with it, before I leave the store I look around for an elderly person or a mom/dad with kids who have stuff in their shopping cart and I give it to them. I just explain that I don't think I'll be back in the store before the coupon expires, so perhaps they can take advantage of it. I always get great smiles and a nice conversation before I leave. It's always fun to share the wealth.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Value Village -- Calendars With Coupons Available Now!

In Michigan, we have Goodwill, which takes in items (mostly clothing) then resells it. It's up to you to check if an electric item works. They don't check it.

We also have other companies, like Salavation Army, same idea.

Plus larger stores, like Big Lots, which buys odd lots from manufacturers. I got a gas powered weed whacker, major brand, for $50 brand new. I also get all my canned fruit and veggies there, only $.50 per can. It's a smallish store, but they have a little of almost everything: sheets, furniture, clothing, baby clothes (which can be expensive in other stores), food, tools (lots of tools), toys, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here