SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cuddlepoo

Make up, beauty savings

cuddlepoo
16 years ago

At the age of 40 I've tried lotions, potions and many expensive cosmetics. Here are a few things that I've found.

1. Expensive skin moisturizers - after trying many products over my life I've found there are a few things that make my skin look nice. Drink lots of water, wear your spf or physical skin covering, avoid caffiene and alcohol (those are toughies!), eat healthy. If I don't follow those my skin shows every sin. Those expensive products have little effect compared to just taking care. If those products worked then the older celebs would look much better in candid photos than they do. They are not aging any better than the average woman.

2. Makeup - after years of shopping Clinique, etc, I've starting buying the super cheap and pre-teen type cosmetics like Bonnie Bell, Wet N Wild, etc. I find they are often less heavy, especially the ones made for pre-teens. I don't look any different than when I spent more. I am a little more picky with foundation.

3. My hair products are bought at the drug store. My hair looks just as nice with these.

4. Moisturizing hand, etc - As with other things I used to spend much more. A few years back I was oiling a butcher block counter top with mineral oil and couldn't believe how good my hands looked afterward. I think this is the main ingredient in baby oil, besides fragrance maybe? Not keeping hydrated with water is what makes my hands looks the worst.

Anyway, these things work for me and I would love to have more suggestions!

Comments (20)