Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saving Money on Your Prepaid Cell Phone

Posted by skip97 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 29, 07 at 17:25

I have a prepaid cell phone and was using it in the conventional way buying minutes when I needed them. I found an article that had some good tips on how to reduce the cost per minute of the calls. If you do a Google search on Dr. Ed Warde you should spot an article he wrote on the subject. By following these suggestions I reduced the cost per minute to half of what I normally was paying. I'm not sure the tips would apply to all prepaid cell phones but you might want to take a look. One of the approaches is to search online for promotion codes that you can use when adding minutes to your phone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saving Money on Your Prepaid Cell Phone

There's a lot of things you can do to save money on a prepaid cell and still have functionality. But the most important thing is to consider your needs. In what areas will you use it? How many minutes per month will you use it? Are you OK with a phone that has roaming charges? Do you text/how much? etc, etc. Then compare companies. Also, be sure you don't get hung up on the "per minute" rates. Most frugal folks don't use 1000 min/mo so the per month cost is probably more important than the per minute. A low per minute rate doesn't mean much if you don't use the minutes before expiration. There's a total cost, including the cost of the phone that is an important consideration.

Right now I have a lot of minutes built up because I don't use the cell too much. So the monthly cost to keep the minutes is my main consideration.

Budgeting is on important way to save. With each provider there's different things you can do to save money. But you have to know which provider will suit your needs best, then look for the best price.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here