SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happyladi

Easy ways to save on heating bills

Happyladi
18 years ago

My electic/heating bills are always lower then most of my neighbors that live in the same size homes.I have an all electric home.

Some of the cheap ways I save; I have a set back thermastat. This is a HUGE moneysaver. It goes down to 60 at night and while we are at work but turns up before we get home or get up. I like the Honeywell ones.

We have a timer on our water heater. It comes on in the mornings for showers and goes off about 10 am. There is usually enough hot water for an evening bath or dishwasher use. If I do a couple of loads of laundry during the day and want to run the dishwasher at night all I have to do is hit a buttom to turn it back on.

On sunny winter days I open the blinds on the south windows and let all the sun come it. By turning on the fan only on my thermastat I can warm my home to upper 60's even if it is in the 40's out.

I keep a couple cosy throws in my living room for people to cuddle under. I also wear a sweater and slippers in my home in the winter. However I don't like being cold, I usually keep the heat at 70 when I am home.

Any other ideas?

Comments (40)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022