SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doteroo

My experience with 'catch a call', 'call wave' and MCI

doteroo
17 years ago

I bought the catch a call gadget on e-bay and with shipping the total was approx $15.00. I hooked it up and yes it was fairly easy and it does give a little ring when I'm on the computer and get a call. I was able to catch the call and after a brief conversation was still connected to the net. However, it takes 2 wall outlets for the computer, phone, and catch a call and I could not stand all the cords across my desk. Also when I got a call the number of who was calling would not show up on either of our phones. This is not the gadget for me.

My daughter keeps telling me that she gets call wave for 17.99 if paid by the year. The calling number shows up on your computer screen and you can pick up on the call if you like. I don't know what else it does but I knew that this was what I wanted. In their advertising they do not mention the yearly price until you click into their system and give your credit card. There was a free 3 months to try it out and decide which of their programs you want. So after all the downloading business it said to call my local phone company and get busy call waiting turned on. Well we don't use a local company just MCI neighborhood plan. So I called them and they said they don't have busy call waiting but offered me "the call Manager" for 3.75 per month. I signed up. By the way, in dealing with MCI you get the Phillipines which is no problem but at times there is some difficulty understanding what they are saying. So I had to call "Call Wave" and make sure they got me out of their system. Another problem understanding the accent. The girl was very insistent that I keep my account and try another free program for 3 months. I could not understand what she was offering me but finally got her to cancel my account. So far I don't know what the mci program is like because it takes 3 to 5 days to get it activated but I"m still wondering about the call wave program for $17.99 per year which is what I really wanted. I e-mailed the call wave people but the reply was nothing in response to my questions but to tell me that my account was closed and to offer me a speed acelerator.

So here I am, stuck with the catch a call gadget, and wondering what the call manager will be like and wishing I really had the call wave and wondering if I really do have what it takes to get the program.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH