Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas Postcard

Posted by gram999 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 20, 08 at 7:46

We received a Christmas postcard. It was the front of a Christmas card. I wouldn't have known except the back was torn off & part of the fold of the card was showing. If you cut them neatly, nobody will ever know. Hmmmm - 27 cents postage too.

I save Christmas cards to make little boxes to put gift cards in. How many of those do you need? Now they will be recycled.

My Mom uses the front of the card as a gift tag.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas Postcard

Cute ideas

o
RE: Christmas Postcard

We use last year's Christmas cards for postcards, also. However, after we cut off the back very carefully, we take them to a local nursing home and give them to the residents to send to friends and relatives (supplying postage, of course). Those who are alone like to give a Christmas postcard to a favorite nurse, aide, or friend in the facility. It's heartwarming to watch the residents carefully select just the right card for just the right person.
Try it, you'll like it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here