Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name Your Price

Posted by vnw232 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 1, 11 at 7:21

I'm so happy to see big box stores again allowing me to name my own price on unmarked items at the register. Finally they see the wisdom of not holding up employees and lines of customers for a widget thats only worth a few bucks and I save a little money.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name Your Price

Never heard of that...

o

The hallway to rest rooms at my grocery has a large basket of highly reduced prided items. Super great mark downs. Looks like guess somebody will buy this for 15 cents.
Quite a mix of items.

I always wondered, if those are items are what people forgot & left in the rest rooms.

o

We have a clearance shelf at our local grocery store too, but I find lots of great bargains there at greatly reduced prices. I purchased a 12-pack of Quilted Northern - which was regularly $8.99 and I found it on the clearance rack for $4.49 AND I had a $1.00 off coupon so I spent $3.49 for 12 rolls of TP - WOO HOO!

I also get off-season things there. Just loaded up with canning items at 75% off. Lots of herbs/spices are greatly reduced. They'll have hats/caps and gloves/mittens towards the end of winter and I'll buy those up and give them to the "needy" the next year. We have "mitten trees", rescue mission, Catholic charities, or schools can distribute them. There's always a need for those.

-Grainlady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here