SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bud_wi

Money Saving Window Film

bud_wi
17 years ago

This year I put up that stretchy window film to help keep the cold out and the heat in. The last few winters in Wisconsin have been record breaking warmer winters and I haven't been doing much of anything to save heating dollars.

This year fuel prices went up 25 percent AND it has been in the single digits with blowing wind.

I have tried that rope caulk stuff in the past to put in the cracks around the windows and I never noticed that it did much of anything except maybe keep down the drafts on some of the windows that were rather loose and rattle with the wind. It looked terrible.

I spent my weekend cutting and installing the window film. (I took a lot of breaks.) It is amazing I can really tell the difference in how warm the rooms are now. My floors aren't cold anymore. Cold isn't pouring down the walls and settling on the floors.

I put my hand up to the plastic film and it feels cold. The film is keeping the cold back. This seems to be working. I was skeptical about trying this out at first.

It was easy to apply and I got waaaay more windows done than the package said it would do. (I have some 21" wide windows.)

The film is perfectly clear and does not make the view looking out, cloudy or distorted.

For what I paid for the window film I am SURE I will recoup my investiment.

I will keep you all updated on my utility bill savings at the end of the season. If you have older type windows and haven't tried window film I highly recommend getting some this winter.

Comments (7)