SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommabird_gw

When do you pay more???

mommabird
15 years ago

My oldest son is 14. He's generally thrifty and happy with what he has, but lately he's been noticing fashion for the first time. He wanted a certain style of jeans and the cheapest I could find them in his size was $31. He's 6'5" and skinny as a rail so it's really hard to find his size. When we found 2 pairs in his size, I bought both.

When do you cut your losses and just pay more than you want for an item? I'd searched thrift stores for the jeans, tried all the deep discount stores, etc but the only place we could find his size was a department store, and the $31 was a sale price.

And what I've noticed from all the jeans searching is that it's almost impossible these days to find men's jeans where the length is longer than the waist size! I guess with the obestiy rate being so high, stores only order bigger waists than inseams these days. That makes it hard for skinny tall guys (or even skinny short guys)!

I finally just decided that my time, gas, and wear and tear on the car were all not worth any more looking. Now the next item is that my second son wants his own tuba. We've been renting from the school, but the school instruments are really, really old and beaten up. He wants a nice tuba he can keep for good. Where does one find a discount tuba?? :-)

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz