Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A couple of helps

Posted by wantoretire_did (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 7, 06 at 19:14

I needed some pepperoni at the deli counter. Their already sliced (small) was least expensive. It was fine as I just needed it for a salad. If they slice from larger, it was $1.50 more per lb., and the prepackaged was even more per lb.

In Staples, read a sign that they pay $3.00 for empty cartridges from HP, Lexmark and a couple others.

Every little bit helps.

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple of helps

Always good to know those things, but I find that Staples (at least around here) charges about $10 more per cartridge than Wall-Mart does for the same name brands, so that $3 dollar saving, would still put me $7 or more in the hole. I'm assuming that you have to be buying a new cartridge to get that saving, right? One thing I've found at Staples, though--they usually have some really good rebates. Usually displayed near the check out counter, sometimes you get the product free if you take the time to mail in the form.

One great thing about the supermarket deli's around here. Wegman's opened up last winter--they have fantastic prices. Their fat-free ham is 3.99/pound, for example. I haven't seen it that cheap in years. But since they've arrived, the other supermarkets have lower their prices on many items, so as not to lose customers. And everyone's comparing their prices to W's in their ads now!

o
RE: A couple of helps

Staples didn't stipulate that the cartridges had to have been purchased there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here