SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
budster_gw

I feel good about.........

budster
17 years ago

Using the pumpkin we bought from a charity for Halloween. I see so many pumpkins sitting rotting away on my neighbors lawns and porches (OK good for compost) but I admit I'm old school and make the most of a good thing (in this case the pumpkin)..... roasted the seeds and set aside some others for next years garden, cooked the pumpkin in the oven and scooped out all the great inner flesh (most of which is now frozen for pies, muffins and breads), made two batches of pumpkin cranberry muffins as well as a couple of pumpkin loaves .....oh and a fresh pumpkin pie as well. The last bits of the outter flesh went into the compost....Yes I did garbage the stem and the inner bits....but I am feeling good about making the most of what we purchased. So many pumpkins are now sitting atop garbage cans or tossed out ....anyone else feel the same about trying to make the most of simple things we have (OK that might not be a profound statement but I think you get my drift). Budster (whose niece and nephews think she is too looney for words)

Comments (7)