Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worthwhile web site

Posted by puzzlefan (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 8, 09 at 18:04

Nothing is worse than finding out that the company you have honored with your busy is a sleazy operation. Check out www. consumerist.com and keep tabs on where your money is going. Holiday spending: Remember fifty percent of all items purchased for the holidays will have been discarded within 6 months. Very sad and very telling about consumer spending.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worthwhile web site

" Very sad and very telling about consumer spending."

Yep.
So many people buy without thinking of WHO they are giving stuff to.

They just do what THEY want, give what THEY want to give... and many times their gift is tossed and/or donated away.

o

Yep. We simply go out to dinner to a nicer restaurant than our usual places. No gifts. It is SO nice and relaxing. Of course, we have to do it three times, because my parents are divorced. But still, it's a lot nicer and there's no additional clutter in our houses.

o

We are going to do the dinner thing and skip gifts this year. I think it will be wonderful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here