Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prell Shampoo

Posted by krissie (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 17:18

For those looking for Prell Shampoo, look at the Dollar General Store or similar.

An employee at Walgreen's suggested to check with the Dollar General Stores. I called the local store and they claim they have Prell.

The employee also suggested I call the phone number on the Prell bottle. I did and found out the number has been disconnected/no longer in service.

Since the customer service number on the Prell bottle has been disconnected, this probably means Prell has been discontinued and outlet stores are selling the remaining bottles.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prell Shampoo

I didn't find any at Walmart my last visit. Next time I will ask if it has been discontinued.

o

Well, just as I thought....Prell has been discontinued and the local Dollar Store is unable to get anymore. They keep ordering but it never comes.

I bought the last bottles they had on the shelf and my husband thought I was crazy. He is the one that "loves" Prell and says he only uses a little dab to shampoo his hair (almost bald). I use Prell to remove built up residue from conditioners and moisturizing shampoos as well as scrub the marble surround of the bathtub.

Shampoo cleans the tub surround better than a household cleaner.

o

Prell was introduced by Procter & Gamble in 1947.
Prell and Head & Shoulders, also made by Procter & Gamble, were the two best-selling shampoos in the United States in June 1977.

Looks like they are still in business..
Phone: (877) 489-6073

My long time favorite shampoo too .. I usually buy several bottles because it takes so damn much time to find it in the grocery shelfs mixed in with the 50 foot long isle of of a million different shampoo's.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ultimarkproducts.com/products/prell/

o

I found Prell at Dollar General and bought all they had on hand, 3 bottles. The manager had not heard anything about it being discontinued.

o

ya'll need to make better use of Amazon...

Here is a link that might be useful: Prell

o

Whenever I see known brand names in the 99 cent/dollar stores, I get suspicious. Is it The Real Thing I remember or a Chinese knock-off?

o

"Well, just as I thought....Prell has been discontinued"

How did you come to that conclusion?
It is still for sale!

o

Was an easy conclusion.

Prell has not been in the regular stores around here for the past 3 years and the Dollar General Store told me they could not get it anymore because Prell had been discontinued.

I am glad to know Prell is still available in other parts of the USA.

o

I think I had better hit the other Dollar General and pick up what I can find.

o

Went to another Dollar General and they had plenty, bought 6 more for $2.50 a bottle. They had not heard anything about it being discontinued. It may just be a rumor or a clerk said it was discontinued and meant from their store not from the manufacturer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here