SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylvia55_gw

From a confused Brit re Washing lines ban

sylvia55
16 years ago

Sorry from the title of my last posting this may have appeared to be a span.

From a puzzled Brit - I find if almost impossible to believe that some American people seem to have such a problem with hanging washing outside. This seems to spring from a bizarre mix of snobbishnes, prudery (shock at seeing someone's undies blowing in the breeze ???!!!) and what I must assume is sheer laziness (although find this hard to believe given the Americans I know). The use of a little fabric softener will prevent any stiffness of fabric & sunshine is a natural germ killer.Lifting washing out of a basket is a lot more fun than the boring gym on a lovely day and clothes air dryed last a lot longer. Come on you guys - get your act together on this matter. I cannot believe a cousin of ours living in sunny Georgia is actually BANNED from using a line in her development - this is ALMOST OBSCENE - friends in the UK really could not believe their ears when I told them - and I am lucky enough to live in the most affluent, attractive parts of our lovely country - so cut out the snobbery & cut the carbon the easy way. The Royal Family do - plus the Queen goes around Buck House turning off unnecessary lights.

Re Microwaves - leaving these on stand by CAN use as much electricity in a year as you use by actually cooking in the machine.....

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company