Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PVC uses

Posted by robertz6 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 15:48

I use short pieces that neighbors pitch.

Small sizes like 1/2" to 2" diameter are used to make organizers with PVC glues. Base is scrap wood like 1/2" or 3/4" thick plywood.

Two or three inch diameter are used to store tools. Quicker to find than in a toolbox, a length of pvc runs between two pieces of wood. Holes at top of pvc allow tool to stand upright. One piece for my screwdrivers, one for pliers. If a tool is long, a bottom hole in pvc could allow better stability. Unlike the organizers, this does not require glues be used. Spade bits or metal use drill bits are what I use. Krylon type spray paints bonds nicely pvc without use a primer. One of mine is orange, another yellow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PVC uses

Robertz6, that is a great idea, Cool!

I use PVC pipes with caps on one end to make folding table leg extensions. Slip table legs into PVC pipes cut length needed. Makes a great sewing table just the right height. No more backaches leaning over lower tables to cut out fabric.

o

I use PVC for an umbrella holder. I have 8 joined together in a circle, it stands up very well and is kept in the garage. With that said, I don't know why we have so many umbrellas (various sizes and logos) but we seem to use them all for sun and rain conditions.

• Precut 2' in length from HD
  • 4 - 2 1/2" and 4 - 3 1/2" in diameter
  • Joined together with PVC cement
  • Stick the golf umbrellas in the larger tubes

•  o

Drill some holes, get some spray paint...you actually have a nice sounding flute.

o

I use PVC pipe in the ceiling at one end to a folding table leg extensions. Slip necessary for cutting PVC pipe table legs. A great sewing table just the right height.

o

I use PVC pipe in the ceiling at one end to a folding table leg extensions. Slip necessary for cutting PVC pipe table legs. A great sewing table just the right height.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
    • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
    • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
    • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
    • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
    • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
    • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
    • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here