Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
left over BBQ

Posted by blackcats13 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 7, 08 at 11:17

We bought some pre-made BBQ in a tub (not frugal, but on sale) and have maybe a half cup or so left over. Any ideas what I can do with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: left over BBQ

Freeze it in a baggie until you are again hungry for it. I imagine it would make 1 thick sandwiche, or 2 thin ones, which I prefer.

Sue...who wishes she had some good barbecue handy for thawing.

o

Take a can of bisquits & roll each one out into a small circle put it into a cupcake pan add your bbq & top with cheese & bake. This is also good for left over taco meat. YUMMM BUT TRUTHFULLY THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A HALF CUP OF ANYTHING LEFT AT THIS HOUSE !!! LOL TO MANY KIDS HANGING AROUND !! :)
LILLY ")

o

Wow Lilly, That sounds delish!...but then I'd eat about anything topped with cheese and love it.

Sue...who is making a corn casserole today and topping it with cheese.

o

OH I love corn, what is your recipe? one of my favorites is Corn Bake:
Mix together
1 can whole kernel corn undrained
1 can creamed corn
1 small pkg jiffy corn muffin mix
3 eggs
Mix & Spread over the top:
1 8oz carton of sour cream
1 cup of grated cheese
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes in a greased 9x13 pan
Yummm

o

Mine is the same except the corn is drained,
2 eggs
mix the sour cream in
1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder optional

My recipe does not call for cheese, but I will sprinkle on whatever I have, or use some Velveta strips.

I made it last weekend, and I'm wanting to use up the sour cream that is opened, and the box of Jiffy Mix that went out last month.

I've taken inventory of the things that are outdated a bit, or nearing a going out date. That determines what I've been eating lately, until I get all of the older stock used up.

I've been eating out of the freezer too, since I hope to have a deer or two in the next couple of weeks.

Sue

o

Sue, ain't that a good recipe ??? I can eat the whole pan by myself LOL Do you do the deer huntin ? I just like jiffy mix all by itself, really like it with tater soup or veggie soup OH! can't forget the white beans with it YUMMM I'm starting to get hungry :)
lilly ")

o

You can use leftover bbq as a topping for a baked potato, add some cheese and a dollop of sour cream, if you want.

Add a bit of leftover bbq to your mac and cheese or spread on top of scalloped potatoes.

Add some cheese, heat, and use as a dip for chips/crackers.

Spread a little on a grilled cheese sandwich before grilling (I'd use sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack)

o

Ohhhh that sounds really good ")
jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here