Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you seen Exteme Cheapskates?

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 12 at 8:37

I was channel surfing and found Extreme Cheapskates on TLC. One guy lives with 2 other guys, charges them rent. These slobs flush the toilet once a week (Yikes!). He goes to restaurants that have plastic plates and cuttlery,which he wipes off and takes the plastic home; another guy takes his wife to an ice cream stand and asks for free samples. Still another eats Salmon fishheads because the fish store will give him the carcasses free or very cheap, like $4 for ten pounds. Gross and cheap!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you seen Exteme Cheapskates?

Yes, Jannie,

I like the woman (not) who is too cheap to purchase TP or paper towels, yet lives in an overpriced apartment in NYC.

Insane! (and not in a good way)

o

all 100% staged. The cheapskate, the visitors, everybody in this show are part of the script.

o

I saw bits and pieces of the show, found it disgusting, and thought how TLC has once again stooped to a new low.

Doesn't TLC stand for The Learning Channel? Initially, didn't it offer quality family programming? Now I just think of it as one of the trash TV channels, with nothing of value or interest to me.

o

I was married to an extreme cheapskate - don't want to watch it on TV now!!!! LOl

He still will spend 2 hours to avoid spending a nickle. My time is too valuable to go through the contortions he does to save a few pennies.

o

I realized my boyfriend/ now husband was a cheapskate when he'd take me out to dinner then calculate the tip to the exact penny. It doesn't get better.

o

Hate cheap. Hate hate hate it. I asked a friend to chip in $60(5 friends-we chipped in $120 the others $60ea.) for a group gift(Andirondack chair & cushion) for our good dear -generous- friend who bought a house. Well MR. CHEAP handed me the money so tightly folded it was like I was selling him coke. How was your vacation ?..."Oh we found some excellent cheap buffets..."
Jannie, I feel for you.

"He still will spend 2 hours to avoid spending a nickle. My time is too valuable to go through the contortions he does to save a few pennies."
mommabird-AGREE with you !
some people love to live in their own private hell AND inflict it on others like they are so virtuous.

o

My husband is so cheap he'll drive 30 miles to save one cent on gas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here