Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overstock site no longer mailing to Canada?

Posted by glitter53 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 07 at 20:31

I hope this is the right forum for this money-saving question, but the prices there are exceptional!
A few years ago, 2003, I believe, they shipped internationally....does anyone know why they no longer do that?

I was SO disappointed when I saw that just now....

Thanks for any info you may have.....Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overstock site no longer mailing to Canada?

Why not send them an email? If you want to order something, let me know . I'll get it and mail it to you. I have a Mailboxes store nearby and they will let me send packages to Canada. The exchange rate between US and Canada are exactly the same, at par. Let me know if I cam help you out.

o

My goodness, aren't you precious?!!!
They don't exactly have an email address that I could find, just one of those FAQ pages...but I'll look again.
And thank you SO MUCH for your offer!!

Our DD's fiance's parents will be spending the winter in Florida, and they said I could use their address for anything I wanted to purchase.
I hope they have room in their van on the way home for some of the things I'd want! LOL!
On the other hand, my DH and I will be in Detroit for the Lions/Packers game on your Thanksgiving, and OMG...we'll be shopping on your Black Friday!! How's THAT for a great birthday present from him this year?! ;-D Now I hope WE have room in our van for the things I want to purchase! hah!

Take care Jannie, and again...thanks for your very kind offer!! """"HUGS>>>>

o

Below is a link for contacting them.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Contact overstock.com

o

Thank you, Chemocurl!
I don't know how I missed seeing it...I appreciate you taking the time to post it for me!! ;-D

o

Hi Glitter. I don't know if you have an XS Cargo store near you but they carry a lot of the same things as Overstock in the US and guess what. I just checked a couple of items on Overstock (Cuisinart Grind'n Brew coffee maker) and the Hoover Floor Mate floor washer/vac and they're cheaper in Canada at XS Cargo than Overstock.com
BTW much of Overstock items are refurbished just like the stuff at XS Cargo in Canada
I paid $37 for the Grind & Brew at XS CArgo and it's $42 US on Overstock

Here is a link that might be useful: XS Cargo for Canadians

o

Thank you, PKGUY...really appreciate your response.
Yes, we have an XS Cargo here, but unfortunately, I'm interested in more girly stuff....jewellry, purses, etc...Wish XSCargo considered those items as "cargo"! ;-D

As for bargains there, I got my MP3 player there before I 'upgraded'.....and some kitchen 'stuff' for our son's apartment....it's a great place to scope out now and then!

Thanks again PKGuy!

o

Some other (non-Overstock-like) Web merchants with which I'm familiar are no longer shipping to Canada because of problems with Canadian customs fees (for which the vendor is liable if they cannot be collected from the recipient). :-(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here