Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
automatic hand soap dispenser

Posted by krissie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 19:24

I was given Lysol automatic liquid hand soap dispensers and did not like the amount of liquid soap or thickness. The Lysol liquid soap was hard to wash off hands. Dilution was the answer.

By drilling a 3/8" hole in bottom of soap bottle and diluting the Lysol liquid soap with water about 50%. The bottle fits into the dispenser upside down. (Put masking tape over area to be drilled to prevent plastic bottle from cracking). Keep clear tape over the hole. Might be o.k. or leave open, have not tried that.

Using Dial liquid soap only needed 25% dilution in order to dispense just the right amount for hand washing.

Use any brand refill you desire, dilute as needed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: automatic hand soap dispenser

I agree about the amount dispensed and thickness, and find it applies to most of the dispensers (pump bottles like Soft Soap).

I still have one of the first liquid soap bottles in my powder room--meaning from when they first came out, early '80's. The pump stem and spout are much thinner and dispense a much more reasonable amount.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here