Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RX & gift cards & coupons

Posted by lilypad22 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 07 at 16:19

Someone recently gave me a coupon for Rite Aide (? used to be Eckerd Drug). If I transfer a RX to this store I can get a $20 gift card. Also she said Target & Walmart accepts this coupon too and that would be a better gift card cause they sell so much more (at better prices) than a drug store.

I was wondering if anyone else does this and what tips/tricks are there and where do you get the coupons?

She saves lots of money on almost every RX she has, so I want to know more how to do this. The coupon says can use only one coupon like this every 6 months, so is that if I use it just at Rite Aide , then I could still use one at a Target then one at a Walmart within 6 months? Just trying to work this out so I can get my best savings.

Thanks, tish

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RX & gift cards & coupons

Keep in mind that driving around is going to cost time and money if you spread prescriptions around. It could work for a time or two but I'm thinking its likely a limited deal.

As far as where to get the coupons, I'd ask the person who gave it to you where they got it. I've seen these types of things in the paper with the store ads. I don't have prescriptions so I don't keep track of these things.

If you have that many prescriptions I'd definitely sit down and spend some time on the phone and see how prices compare. Years ago when I needed a couple prescriptions I found that Walgreens was cheaper than Cub. Bit of a surprise to me but when you think about it, the discount places run sort of "loss leaders" on everything I guess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here