Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Serta mattress at Sam's Club

Posted by cliffs_mom (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 07 at 14:30

I've been looking for a new mattress and Sam's Club carries Serta at a really good price. I haven't been able to find any reviews online. Has anyone purchased a Serta mattress from Sam's? If so, can you tell me about your experience? I don't want to waste the money if it's not a good product, regardless of the good price. Thanks for the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Serta mattress at Sam's Club

I believe that is what we bought at Sam's and it was fine. We have only bought a "good" mattress one time at $800 and it was a piece of junk. It was king size and was high in the middle and on the sides. The store referred us to the Simmons rep, the rep referred us to the store. I didn't want to fight it, I just marked it up as a lesson learned. Back to Sam's next time.

o

As with many manufacturers Serta makes different quality products for different retail establishments. You'll need to do some research on Serta mattresses sold both at Sam's Club & through non-discount establishments. It's just like Kohler or any other product carried at places like HP, Sam's, or Lowe's versus a plumbing store...all Kohler products are not equal. And, all Serta products are not equal.

/tricia

o

Ditto. A lot of manufacturers do this. That is why you will never find and identical appliance, of the same brand, to one that you see at Best Buy.

If you look at the Sam's Club Serta mattress it will probably have a style name associated with it like "Dreamtime" or "Heavenly". I bet that you will not find the "Dreamtime" or "Heavenly" style anywhere else for sale.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here