Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
body wash refills

Posted by shwetagarg (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 12:01

can anyone tell me if one gallon or more refills are available for body washes...any brand(but cheeap ones)
and if so then where can i look for them. I dint c it in costco.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: body wash refills

I love body washes,but I've never seen a refill. My favorites are from Avon or Bath and Body Shop in the mall.

o

i love the bath and body works body wash. But dont u think they get quite expensive when u buy from the malls or anywhere else?
Thats y i was looking for a cheaper route.

o

I love all various scents you can buy at the mall, but they are expensive. The best value I have found is on the shelf at the places like Target or Wal-Mart. Watch the ads and save your coupons. If you're lucky, you can find a buy one get one free on the regular sizes.

o

My skin can be so sensitive that I have to really watch what I use. I had been using Oil of Olay body wash without any problems-- I would buy the largest size possible at either Sam's Club or Walmart. (Some of the mall brands would cause rashes so I tried to stick to the tried-and-true)

I happened to stay at a girlfriend's house over a long weekend and forgot to bring my body wash and she uses the Equate (Walmart's generic) version of Oil of Olay. I went ahead and tried it-- and viola! NO PROBLEMS!! My DH claims that the smell is very close too. I had tried cheaper soaps in the past and had tons of trouble.

It sure is a lot easier to pay $2 for a big bottle than $7!!

o

I like the body washes at Bath and Body Works-yes,they are expensive. But I try to be flexible and buy what's on sale. They often have buy one get one or a deal where you buy a bubble bath and get the sane scent body wash free. I've tried lots of different scents this way. Mango is ny absolute favprite.

o

I love nice smells, but can't stand any fragrance up close. I bought some Tide with Downy one time and couldn't sleep in my own bed for burning eyes. I wrote the company and got almost double the cost in coupons. I buy everything fragrance free if I can.

o

Google is your friend:

http://www.clubamenities.com/coconut_shampoo_conditioner_bodywash__shampoo_conditioner.php?PHPSESSID=7972705d88e7cef1b9277e0184e4f360PHPSESSID=
7972705d88e7cef1b9277e0184e4f360

or:

http://www.pure-wholesale.com/Bath_and_Body.htm

Lots more out there with searching......

Try hotel supply stores too.

You can also just buy gallon size of cheap shampoo, and use it as body wash. Read the ingredients label - its all the same.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallon Coconaut Body Wash

o

wow this is the ans....thanks a lot ...i am now looking for hotel supply stores.

o

Look for hotel supply places that sell internationally. It is more common elsewhere that hotel rooms put the complimentary shampoo and body wash in wall dispensers in the shower rather than supplying those dinky little plastic bottles of the stuff. Less waste and less stuff going into landfills.

http://www.guestsupply.com/catalog.aspx?id=cff1b722-e7be-45b2-8d3e-91392a36f175&mc=5&sc=09&search=0

http://www.soap.co.za/dispensers/dispensers.htm

A lot of places sell in the half gallon size for body wash like the Aveda Rosemary mint body wash:

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/
spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10601&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5904

Here is a few gallon size body wash in some nice scents:

http://www.instawares.com/entiere-jaboncillo-body-wash.wcs-201.0.7.htm#gallery

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Mounted Shampoo Dispenser

o

Why is the shipping so much ....
had anyone really bought these...or i will be the first one...some sites look sceptical to me ....will be nice to know if someone has really bought the stuff and got wht they ordered.
they r so economical though!

o

I know for sure you can buy cheap shampoo and use it as body wash. In motels and in hospitals they give out bottles labelled "Shampoo and Body Wash".

o

That's because no one would believe that shampoo and body wash are the same. I don't know if it is or not. The ingredients may be the same but not the amounts. I believe shampoos are all the same, the only difference is added things like fruit, etc. If you could separate the shampoo from the additives that sell it, you would just have a big pile of mold.

o

Posted by jonesy: If you could separate the shampoo from the additives that sell it, you would just have a big pile of mold.

Huh?? Could you elaborate?

o

A scientist said something about there not being much difference in shampoos, cheap ones are just as good as expensive ones, etc.. Then he said If you take all of the shampoo out of the bottle, the rest would be a lump of moldy fruit. It other words it doesn't add anything beneficial to shampoo.

o

A link please??

Shampoos are formulated with a PH so that they do not grow mold. How would one separate shampoo from moldy fruit?

All shampoos are not the same. Cheap ones make the hair frizzy and brittle. Or they can make the scalp flake. If they were all just nothing but detergent and all the extras added were unnecessary we could all just wash our hair with Dawn.

I'm not saying you cannot get a decent bottle of shampoo at the dollar store that is just as good as some of the higher priced ones but it has nothing to do with "moldy fruit" being in shampoo that does nothing for you hair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here