SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto6_gw

Everyday interest...

momto6
16 years ago

Have ya'll ever stopped to consider how much you pay to borrow other people's money? Not academically, not.... in the still making the budget kind of way, or in the total monthly payment way, but in the sit down with the calculator and add all the interest up kind of way. I added mine up the other day.... Total was over $1000.

I spend over a thousand dollars a month just to borrow other people's money. Oddly enough none of these are on high interest items. The largest amounts are of course on my houses but still..... All of them are house related.... a HELOC for an addition, a signature loan to finish the addition... that's it. None of them are "bad" debt.... the signature loan will not take long to pay off, and the addition added more than the cost of building it to the value of the house..

But still..... It's a lot of money. If I ever doubted my desire to be debt free, this little exercise has brought it to the forefront again..... over a thousand dollars a month.... just to borrow other people's money..... Wow. What could I do with that $1000? Quite a bit.

Mil

Comments (9)