Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I Know One Big Way To Save...

Posted by bulldinkie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 7:13

For the way americans are,high strung...why are we not down in Washington picketing whatever it takes to take our country back,and this insurance.we could all meet there like a weekend.well not all lol but quite a few.get something done.They rioted in other countries recently for less.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I Know One Big Way To Save...

I agree with you. We sit idly by while our government runs amok. I used to be very proud of this country and still am to a point. I thing the politicians in this country are only out for what's best for them, power and wealth.

o

"why are we not down in Washington picketing whatever it takes to take our country back"

I don't know... why aren't you?

Not being a smart aleck, but if you think that is what should be done, why not do it?
Be the change you want to see in the world!

o

Look, the boomers who are famous (infamous) for picketing have heart problems, bad knees, indigestion..etc., and can't en mass picket.

The current younger generation is too addicted to Facebook, Twitter, InstaGram ...whatever the current tech craze is.. to feel outrage, let alone DO SOMETHING about it.

o

No, the Boomers are still working. They can't afford to retire.

In 2010 there were mass gatherings in Washington to protest the ACA. The Speaker at the time, Nancy Pelosi, even locked the doors of the Capitol building out of fear these horrible people would invade and want to talk with their Representatives. They were publicly ridiculed by members of Congress.

They were peaceful, respectful, and according to the park Service, left the Mall cleaner than when they found it.

We're still out there, but we will use the voting booth to do our protesting.

o

Yes, I know I won't be voting for any Republican candidate for shutting down the Government because they didn't get their way. Acting like spoiled children the lot of them. Disgraceful. NancyLouise

o

Im on dialysis 3 xs a week, I need a kidney,the days Im home Im useless .I would love to....In the past few months different countries that didn't agree with their government rioted ,it got pretty bad.what Im saing is in the60s if something didn't agree they went to Washington,Remember learning in school how they had tea tax and they dumped the tea in the sea...?see Im also a poet.Theres ways it can be done peacefully but no one is doing anything.Its more of us than those guys.

o

"Theres ways it can be done peacefully but no one is doing anything"

People that are passionate about things ARE called into action.
I see it every day.

But it sounds like you have one specific thing you are upset about, and you are frustrated in not seeing action about whatever your particular issue is.
People who are homebound can write letters, make phone calls, rally friends. You cannot expect someone to step up on your behalf.

Reminds me of that old story...
It’s a story about four people named Everyone, Someone, Anyone and No-one.

There was an important job to be done and Everyone was sure that Someone would do it.

Anyone could have done it, but No-one did it.

Someone got angry about that because he thought that it was Everyone’s job.

Everyone thought that Anyone could do it, but No-one realised that Everyone wouldn’t do it.

It ended up that Everyone was angry with Someone because No-one did what Anyone could have done!

o

I didn't agree with shutting the government down, but I think what the democrats did with the ACA was far, far worse. I won't be voting for any democrats.

That said, I think the entire system is corrupt and broken. They don't care about us, none of them do. They care about being in power and getting re-elected. My opinion, first step to cleaning up the joint is term limits for everyone.

o

Personally, I'm happy when the government is shut down. That means they can't cause any trouble.

We're seventeen thousand billion dollars in debt. And we now owe China almost two thousand billion dollars.

Term limits? I try to term limit Patrick Leahy and Bernie Sanders every chance I get.

o

China's cutting down on buying your bonds - they're buying gold, instead.

Cause they heard that you're printing buckets of dollars - and they're afraid that they'll be paid off in cheap money.

And they're using your bonds and the gold to buy oilfields, mines, etc. in different parts of the world.

Stuff that the U.S. used to buy ... stuff that produced goods and profits ... before they became addicted to consumerism, and borrowing to pay for it.

The U.S. used to be a producing and manufacturing nation - a major creditor. Recently the manufacturing is done elsewhere ... and the U.S. is borrowing to pay for the imported stuff: they're becoming a huge debtor.

The default didn't do the declining image of the dollar as the world's reserve currency any good.

Remember the days before World War II when the British pound was the worId's reserve currency? Not any more.

ole joyful

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Money Saving Tips Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here